Jam Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamtheatre

Aug 20, 2004
Serangoon Nth
Hi, i tihikn there are CS'ers that also likes music, so figured if can mix the 2:

Just 'testing water' - I woudl like to know who would be interested in a jam session (perhaps at Boon) and while we are doing that, photgraph that session.
This way, we can enjoy our 2 hobbies. We non-jammers can also join just to take pics.

Pls PM me or reply in this post:

Let me know what instruments (that includes your voice) you play and what kind of music do you like to play.

Me play Gtr and strictly don;t sing. Listen to classic rockers and yes...Dream Theater (but can't play anything from them except the starting of Pull Me Under)

DT:)

Hmm... I play da drums. But outta practice now. Haven't been playing it for a few years liaoz though. :D

'I'mm not worthy !!!! :D

Whao lao, you play LTE and DT ....whhooo...

you got jamming buddies?

I think if we can get 4 to 5 guys jamming , there will also be no problem to get another 3 to 4 CS'ers to photo the session....it will be fun.

Got chance to test out ISO 3200/6400 also...hahaaaa

PM me and let's talk over it?

jsbn said:
Hmm... I play da drums. But outta practice now. Haven't been playing it for a few years liaoz though. :D

no problem friend, it's just a jam&Shoot session, a gatherign of music/photoghy hobbyists.

if interested , PM me OK?

I usually sing 'unplugged'... My partners usually play the acoustic guitars and/or keyboard. Of cos, I can play too when they are not familar with the songs. I use TAKAMINE guitars ....would love a TAYLOR tho

Hmmmm....never tried jamming with a 5 pcs band before ...sounds interesting....Usually, 'clean' music for me as in only one guitarist and I :)

I have sung in 'bubble tea lounges' before ..customers dedicate song requests and we sing them :lovegrin:...

Basically, easy listening to the customers ..rather than bringing the house down - I am not a ROCKER :bsmilie: Just like jsbn, I ve stopped singing/playing for a few years liao.

:thumbsup: to you for generating interest - both in photography and music

I play guitar... but long time (i mean really long time) never touch my axes liao... they are all RIP in their cases... :(
Owns an Ibanez RG550DY, Yamaha APX6NA

Sounds kinda cool...been playing drums over the last couple of years , but stopped for a few months now due to work and studying, but coming back to the music scene real soon.

ParkertR said:
whoa~ awesome... hehe i sing and play gtr too :p taylor 510ce/814c, prs hb1 piezo. :) do DT, LTE and other more feel type of music and christian too :D shane n shane woohoo~ hehehe~

Wow! All the expensive axes.... the PRS piezo alone u can buy D2H!
Eh, can teach me some DT/LTE licks or not> hahaha
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

icarus said:
Wow! All the expensive axes.... the PRS piezo alone u can buy D2H!
Eh, can teach me some DT/LTE licks or not> hahaha
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi there,
you guys out there want to organize these event and who is going to came out all this money.Oranize such a event need alot of $$$.

joe said:
Hi there,
you guys out there want to organize these event and who is going to came out all this money.Oranize such a event need alot of $$$.

We can always get a studio or something. Sweelee still open their studios to rental?

The problem is that usually there are too many guitarists... bassists and keyboardists are harder to find.
;)

Drummer here. But then I'm a metal-head so abit incompatible (although I do listen to DT, LTE, OSI - Anything with Portnoy in it. He's my idol! hurhur).

Drumming for 6 yrs liao but i think I still suck at it. :sweat:

My baby!

If you're wondering about the guitars/bass in the background, I used to play guitar too (also suck at it). My bro still does though. 2 man band.. :bsmilie:

Denosha said:
If you're wondering about the guitars/bass in the background, I used to play guitar too (also suck at it). My bro still does though. 2 man band.. :bsmilie:

I see at least 4 Ibanez pointy heads in the background! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: IBANEZ RULES!

OT abit liao but erm, only 3 of them are Ibanez(es). 1 RG, 1 S custom, 1 JS custom. The other pointy head is a Jackson Kelly (not sure what model, bought in japan. Gothic style black finish, fixed bridge, set through neck). Should probably sell 1 or 2 of them... (then can buy lenses hurhur) :think:

Ok, summarise:

DT: gtr - rock and blues
Icarus: gtr - metal
ParkertR: Gtr - Prog and soulful stuffs
jsbn:( fellow camp mate ) Drum - 50's swinger
AhV: gtr - unplugged type sings at lounge (must have nice voice skills)
Joe: worried about $$$$ :)
Denosha: Drum: Metal head, 128 bpm triple drumset dude :)

I think we are set, bass I think anyone of the gtrs can take turns - except me becasue I left-handed --unless studio got a left-handed bass.
(Yamaha RGX 511L + Yamaha FX550)

If we have a 5 pcs 'band' the cost can be shared for the studio rental, I think about S$25 per hour. If everyone is keen, I can bring my D16 and record the session as well.....(whoa, 3 of my hobbies at one go)

Please keep the posts and ideas comming:)

I have been a drummer since 1990.
Play mainly Fusion jazz, Bossa Nova, Rock, Alternative.

Also am an Audio Engineer by training & its my current profession.

Hahaha..... See a fellow campmate here damn song... :D

Cya ICT next week ;)

markccm said:
I have been a drummer since 1990.
Play mainly Fusion jazz, Bossa Nova, Rock, Alternative.

Also am an Audio Engineer by training & its my current profession.

Great for you Dude...must learn more about mixing and mastering from you :)
Next summary will be this evening :) Keep a look out for updates.

I must stress that : this is NOT an audition to form the next Led Zepp :) Others organize model shoot, I TRY to organise jamm-shoot....hahaaa.

khairi said:
what kind of thing are you guys gonna play? this is interesting...can join?

Sure can, no problem. This is for music lovers and I hate to categorise music like some production line things....

What do you play, do you sing? ...better still - do you rap? what are your influences?

Status
Not open for further replies.