Jackie Chan vs 2046

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOME

Oct 11, 2004
Jackie Chan's New Police Story goes head to head with director Wong Kar Wai's 2046, which stars Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Faye Wong.

Which movies steals the limelight???? Any takers?

Wow, I am defintely rooting for Tatsuya Kimura :lovegrin: Anyone knows what the story line is like? Don't like Maggie Cheung - looks stiff as usual :bsmilie: But don't mind Carina Lau.

ha-ha-ha... would go for 2046... looks better..... :bsmilie:

Just watched 2046 yesterday... it's like a part 2 for Wang Jia Wei's previous film, Hua Yang Nian Hua... Tony Leung's playing the previous character... 2046 is what happened after the break up with Maggie Cheung...

As usual, Wong's slightly non-linear story-telling style and several references that were made to Hua Yang Nian Hua make his film quite difficult to understand... ... but I just loved it that way...

But what I really enjoyed (and learned a a lot) was the photography (or cinematography)... It was a lesson on portraiture for me... there's a lot of close-ups on the facial expressions of the mega-stars in the film... together with the 60s settings... it was a visual treat for me... Really great stuff here... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Go watch it to see for urself... I'm not saying it's gonna be a crowd favourite, but I like it the way it is... :)

somthig like that i liked about the flim too... hahaa..... but too bad.... lol...why no one makes a movie about photographers.. beside 1 which is up and coming about a life of a photojournalist...

and please.. Spiderman cannot be considered as a movie for photographers/journalist.... lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.