J&J no more distributor for Pentax???

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_istDS

Nov 27, 2004
Singapore - Whampoa
Heard from some shops in Sim Lim that J&J will no longer be distributor for Pentax.. has anyone else heard about it???:what:

k_istDS said:
Heard from some shops in Sim Lim that J&J will no longer be distributor for Pentax.. has anyone else heard about it???:what:

I hope someone else better does the distribution and support for Metz as well.

That is wonderful news for Pentax users. The brand may come back to life.

I heaved a sigh of relief when some company stopped being the agent for Leica.
Now it is back to Schmidt the original agent.

ricohflex said:
That is wonderful news for Pentax users. The brand may come back to life.

I heaved a sigh of relief when some company stopped being the agent for Leica.
Now it is back to Schmidt the original agent.
i agree...hw abt manfrotto? are they still holding on to it? I personally feel that they have done a very bad job for Pentax in Sgp.

roti said:
i agree...hw abt manfrotto? are they still holding on to it? I personally feel that they have done a very bad job for Pentax in Sgp.

have not heard anything about that though.. well.. just hope the distributionship will be taken care by a real businessman, who knows about marketing......;)

k_istDS said:
have not heard anything about that though.. well.. just hope the distributionship will be taken care by a real businessman, who knows about marketing......;)
J&J is rather big in HK thats why they got the right to distribute pentax,leica,manfrotto and many other brands here in Sgp...but they were rather weak in marketing and pushing the sales of pentax here....in TW and HK, Pentax is selling well...but look at Sgp, one word- weak....

roti said:
J&J is rather big in HK thats why they got the right to distribute pentax,leica,manfrotto and many other brands here in Sgp...but they were rather weak in marketing and pushing the sales of pentax here....in TW and HK, Pentax is selling well...but look at Sgp, one word- weak....

I do agree with you... but IMO, that we Singaporean, are rather brand-conscious..and if you ask those who uses C and N why they choose them, some will just tell you that becos they are C and N. But if you ask us, Pentax user, we tell good reasons for getting it.. isn't it.. hee hee..

Like i said, just hope that the next distributor will do better promotion and marketing to re-position Pentax as "The DSLR of future"....:think:

k_istDS said:
I do agree with you... but IMO, that we Singaporean, are rather brand-conscious..and if you ask those who uses C and N why they choose them, some will just tell you that becos they are C and N. But if you ask us, Pentax user, we tell good reasons for getting it.. isn't it.. hee hee..

Like i said, just hope that the next distributor will do better promotion and marketing to re-position Pentax as "The DSLR of future"....:think:

Singaporean really tends to be brand-blinded by the C and N...i also a N 135 user....but...i'm rather open in choosing my camera system...i like Pentax 67 and 645 lenses and still using the 645 if i was to use film...but was force into changing to Hasseblad H1(cause of digital back)....i think i will change to a pentax digital body(645) once they hav any...sad that they are rather slow in coming with MF digital backs or DSLRs...a sad Singaporean Pentax 645 User....

roti said:
Singaporean really tends to be brand-blinded by the C and N...i also a N 135 user....but...i'm rather open in choosing my camera system...i like Pentax 67 and 645 lenses and still using the 645 if i was to use film...but was force into changing to Hasseblad H1(cause of digital back)....i think i will change to a pentax digital body(645) once they hav any...sad that they are rather slow in coming with MF digital backs or DSLRs...a sad Singaporean Pentax 645 User....

I used to be a big Pentax fan until I realised that their agents just don't do a good job of supporting the brand. J&J also doesn't seem to be very interested in supporting Metz.

My last experience (this year) with J&J was servicing my Metz 60CT-4. The old technician that does the job is a joke and half. He absolutely doesn't care about the specifics of problem solving, has not managed to repair my flash despite having made two trips down to that god-forsaken end of Singapore, and has a "use first, see how, if still don't work, come back" kinda of attitude (BTW, those ARE his very words!). It's obvious that he does not even test the gear sent to him to ensure that the specific problems mentioned in the initial repair invoice have been fixed before returning them to me! Thoroughly incompetent.

They charged me $250 for assorted 'repairs' and despite two trips, he's still not fixed the bloody problem. Looking at the repair receipt, it just occurred to me that he just suka-suka changed modules without even thinking through the same issues that I raised TWICE. And by the way, it's not one of those esoteric intermittent problems - the flash just doesn't recycle at the factory specified speed anymore, simple as that. I have given up chasing them on this.

Another friend who brought a 60CT-1 for him to adjust discovered that the problem he stated on the repair form too wasn't fixed. And yes, the old fella came up the same line "use first, see how, if don't work can come back". WTF?

I'd buy a Metz anytime if I want a terrific third party strobe, but I shudder to think of what will happen if it ever breaks down. They deserve to lose their agency representation for Pentax. I am also keen to see someone else more responsible, e.g., Cathay Photo, scoop up the Metz brand. Hell, they should do every photographer and enthusiast alike a favour and give up all their photo equipment brand representation. Afterall, I am sure J&J is big enough not to need to diddle in the photographic equipment market. It's obvious that they don't really give a damn about service once they've sold you the item.

Pardon my rant.

kahheng said:
I used to be a big Pentax fan until I realised that their agents just don't do a good job of supporting the brand. J&J also doesn't seem to be very interested in supporting Metz.

My last experience (this year) with J&J was servicing my Metz 60CT-4. The old technician that does the job is a joke and half. He absolutely doesn't care about the specifics of problem solving, has not managed to repair my flash despite having made two trips down to that god-forsaken end of Singapore, and has a "use first, see how, if still don't work, come back" kinda of attitude (BTW, those ARE his very words!). It's obvious that he does not even test the gear sent to him to ensure that the specific problems mentioned in the initial repair invoice have been fixed before returning them to me! Thoroughly incompetent.

They charged me $250 for assorted 'repairs' and despite two trips, he's still not fixed the bloody problem. Looking at the repair receipt, it just occurred to me that he just suka-suka changed modules without even thinking through the same issues that I raised TWICE. And by the way, it's not one of those esoteric intermittent problems - the flash just doesn't recycle at the factory specified speed anymore, simple as that. I have given up chasing them on this.

Another friend who brought a 60CT-1 for him to adjust discovered that the problem he stated on the repair form too wasn't fixed. And yes, the old fella came up the same line "use first, see how, if don't work can come back". WTF?

I'd buy a Metz anytime if I want a terrific third party strobe, but I shudder to think of what will happen if it ever breaks down. They deserve to lose their agency representation for Pentax. I am also keen to see someone else more responsible, e.g., Cathay Photo, scoop up the Metz brand. Hell, they should do every photographer and enthusiast alike a favour and give up all their photo equipment brand representation. Afterall, I am sure J&J is big enough not to need to diddle in the photographic equipment market. It's obvious that they don't really give a damn about service once they've sold you the item.

Pardon my rant.

hey..you are not alone....i got crap from them as well...i send in a faulty PENTAX 645N a couple years back...so i got to wait for a repair qoutation...waiting for that is fine..but the bad part after confirming to go ahead with the repair...they juz take their own sweet time to repair it...as i'm a full time photographer..so i cant hav the camera away for a long time...even thro i do hav a few cameras for back ups...a month past away....they didnt call me to collect my fixed camera...so i called....they told me that they havent send it to japan yet...i was so angry that they took so long when they promise me 2 weeks duration to fix it...they were so 'friendly' that they offer me a 135 camera....wat a joke(if i can do my job with a 135 camera, i wouldnt be using medium format cameras in the first place)...overall it took 2 whole months to get my camera back....after that i never send my stuff to them any more...now i fly to tw to get it fix(company paying)...faster and better service...

roti said:
hey..you are not alone....i got crap from them as well...i send in a faulty PENTAX 645N a couple years back...so i got to wait for a repair qoutation...waiting for that is fine..but the bad part after confirming to go ahead with the repair...they juz take their own sweet time to repair it...as i'm a full time photographer..so i cant hav the camera away for a long time...even thro i do hav a few cameras for back ups...a month past away....they didnt call me to collect my fixed camera...so i called....they told me that they havent send it to japan yet...i was so angry that they took so long when they promise me 2 weeks duration to fix it...they were so 'friendly' that they offer me a 135 camera....wat a joke(if i can do my job with a 135 camera, i wouldnt be using medium format cameras in the first place)...overall it took 2 whole months to get my camera back....after that i never send my stuff to them any more...now i fly to tw to get it fix(company paying)...faster and better service...

Oh yeah, I forgot to add this: J&J even lost the connecting cable for the head to the battery pack and claimed that I probably did not give them the cable in the first place. My reply to that was that if I did not give them the cable, they would have written it down in the first place, to which they had no reply (they even insinuated that my good friend who had helped me send the set to them because he lives in Jurong might have stolen it). They still have not replaced that missing cable!

Can you blame me for not wishing them well?

This is really louzy service man! Who dare want to buy any photographic equipment(s) which in the end got such services! Is time to get rid of those useless stuff or management already.:angel:

well....i looking forward to the downfall of J&J in Sgp....with this kinda service...who would wanna buy the brands they are distributing......their tech dept are also not well trained for the products they are servicing....they tends to send pentax cameras back to japan....so they could charge more from us......

You ought to send in your complaint to Wallace Tsui the managing director of JJ Singapore. Might make no difference, though, but you would have done your part. Contact details are:

Managing Director: Wallace Tsui: wallace_tsui@jjsea.com
Jebsen & Jessen Marketing (S) Pte. Ltd.
2 Corporation Road, Corporation Place (Lobby E) # 06-01/02
Singapore 618494

Give it a go, may be of some use.

Ha! I do have some bad experiences with JJ also. I have a Rolleiflex sl2000f dropped and sent for repair. I got it back at the 2nd anniversary ( 2 years later! )

sriram said:
You ought to send in your complaint to Wallace Tsui the managing director of JJ Singapore. Might make no difference, though, but you would have done your part. Contact details are:

Managing Director: Wallace Tsui: wallace_tsui@jjsea.com
Jebsen & Jessen Marketing (S) Pte. Ltd.
2 Corporation Road, Corporation Place (Lobby E) # 06-01/02
Singapore 618494

Give it a go, may be of some use.

Doubt if Mr Walrus would give a ****. He might even be the problem because it clearly is a poor management issue to me in the first place. All such bad practises can usually be traced back to that.

This i dun agree with you entirely.

I was a Pentax film camera user for over 20 yrs. With lens ranging from 15mm Ultra wide to 400mm tele prime. My camera bodies are failing due to wear & tear and age (hard to find spare parts).

When I wanted to explore digital cam, there were virtually no choice. Only 1 model. And a rather expensive one too.

Also my old lens are unusable with the new pentax camera.

Since I have to reinvest, I did a check. The Canon L-lens & the IS technology were the key reason for my defection to the white side. Not cheap, but immese satisfaction on the results. Would I have picked the black brand instead. Possibilly, but not likely now.

k_istDS said:

JJ suck bug time. :thumbsd: They have give up on their photographic department locally as it not making them euongh profit. Inside source but can't tell you who. I use to a pentax user and a big time rollei fan. Given them up because of JJ. Can't get good service and new things or spare parts take ages to come.

roti said:
well....i looking forward to the downfall of J&J in Sgp....with this kinda service...who would wanna buy the brands they are distributing......their tech dept are also not well trained for the products they are servicing....they tends to send pentax cameras back to japan....so they could charge more from us......

They sent every repair back to their manufacturer:bsmilie:

fuwen said:
Ha! I do have some bad experiences with JJ also. I have a Rolleiflex sl2000f dropped and sent for repair. I got it back at the 2nd anniversary ( 2 years later! )

Super bloody cool...... service!:thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.