Izzit true that using AF = noob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamchew85

Jan 2, 2009
my friend say using AF might as well buy normal digital camera to shoot photo?

what u think about this statement?

hehe... choose who you want to listen to ;)

many pros use AF :thumbsup: and many point-and-shoot cameras cannot achieve the results that DSLRs can.

Last edited:
thats what you call a sweeping statement..

Obviously not...

thanks bros here for the enlightenment :sweat:

for me i use preset or auto mode(sometimes aperture or shutter ) so that i dun miss the "moment"...coz i very slow in M mode...so M mode for me is landscape, grp photo...

using light meter might as well use normal digital camera to shoot photo

real pros don't use their hands to shoot :D

What's a "normal" digital camera?

The fact that your friend can't seem to distinguish beyond normal/abnormal cameras says something about his/her level of expertise.

i know one guy that uses manual lens to take photos... after doing manual adjustment and take the photo... his photos are all OOF... but self claim he is a pro...

I don't think about nonsensical statements!

most pros use AF. If using MF makes you pro, ask your friend to use MF at F1 races :)

actually it is not most pros use AF. more like nowadays most cameras are AF anyway. doesn't matter if you are a pro or not.

but dat is really, IMO, a dumb assertion that only pros dun AF... :rolleyes:

most pros use AF. If using MF makes you pro, ask your friend to use MF at F1 races :)

But sometimes, for those of us who don't have those high-end ultra-fast AF lenses, switching to MF and trap-focusing might actually be a better option.

90684689.jpg

(Not exactly F1 racing, though...)

I guess the thing about MF is having the experience to know when to use it. But to imply that using AF is only a noob thing is sheer madness lah.

Who cares how the photo is shot, but matters is when you look at the photo, and wonder if the your shot is good or not. Tell your friend to shoot moving objects in manual. Think mostlikely out of 20 photos, 5 he gave up pressing the shutter cause he cannot turn the ring fast enough, 11 is OOF, 3 just make it, maybe 1 is good. For learning purposes, do try on some manual and get your eye used to seeing the image for the right focus. Auto focus is not always accurate though mostly it is, do use some fine tuning only when you have the time. I always view wedding photographers as good photographer.
They need to have the stamina to shoot whole day (for whole day shooters from home to rom to dinner)
They need to produce certain quality work as this is a important day for the two wedder :p
Good wedding photographer is mostly/ always alert for any shots like the bribe parents silently crying when their daughter is gettting married

Solution to their headaches, Auto and Raw. Mostly THEY DO NOT HAVE TIME TO DO MUCH FANCY OR CREATIVE SETTING WHEN ON THE MOVE.
So tell us how noob auto is???

tt time f1 race impossible to use AF, keep focusing on fence. F1 usually camp one spot den use manual focus, when car come by den snap.. :D

back on topic..
AF is for "fluid" environment wat, when subject is constantly moving.., unless u wan most of yr picture to be out of focus lar (or unless u very zai at getting the focus right everytime)

Anyway, just use the mode which you are most comfortable with and also the mode which produces the best pictures.:D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.