Ixus or G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfightclub

Aug 13, 2006
Help, gotta dilemma here.

I'm looking for manual controls which G9 has and Ixus 860 does not, but I also want 28mm wide angle lens which Ixus has and G9 does not. Heheh.

Any other recommendations for any camera any brands at all that would produce solid pictures, manual controls, wide angle lens?

Hmmmm u can take a look at my gallery i'm currently using G9 ;)

Help, gotta dilemma here.

I'm looking for manual controls which G9 has and Ixus 860 does not, but I also want 28mm wide angle lens which Ixus has and G9 does not. Heheh.

Any other recommendations for any camera any brands at all that would produce solid pictures, manual controls, wide angle lens?

Nikon D40/D40X/D60 kit? ;p

Fuji F100fd sounds good but no manual focus leh...

I've never tried an Ixus, but my experience with a G9 was very favourable. The manual controls were comprehensive, and very egronomic and intuitive for a prosumer-compact. Noise performance was not fantastic, but acceptable in most respects. Manual focus is done through the same control dial, and is quite smooth. If you're looking for a discreet but full featured camera, quite a good buy IMO. Just my 2 cents..

Very impressive picture quality from your G9. Did you shoot in RAW ?

What are your other considerations? Is size/portability important to you? 'cos the IXUS and G series are essentially two different cameras aimed at different segments of the market.

If you want control, but with slightly less bulk and cost, do consider the Powershot A650IS. (No 28mm wide angle though). Lens and sensor same as that of the G9.

Status
Not open for further replies.