Ixus 860IS vs Lumix FX100

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzy

Feb 11, 2006
Singapore
I am considering a PnS camera and have shortlisted the above 2 model. Would like to hear from fellow clubsnappers on these 2 camera and which is a better choice.

Open for any other brands and model in this range too.

Canon 860 - Design and build - ok. Exposures, WB, LCD and Screens consistent. only problem is the slight image softness in corners.

Pana Fx100 - OIS lens stablisation - fantastic , 'easy-zoom' feature - good, build and design - ok....... only problem is the price...and colour can be a bit drab... the key is LEICA lens.... :angel:

suggest you test out both in photographic shop to have a real feel..... features can be comparable but you must LIKE the handling and FEEL of the camera..:lovegrin:

Thanks for the comment.

Yea before I buy I will test it out. Price is ok as long as it is under the $700 range. I also understand that 860IS has a better night shot.

860 going without free gift at 590

conquer500... Are you telling me the market price for 860IS or you have one for sale?

Would like to do more comparision so keep those comment coming in. :)

i'm actually contemplating between 960is and 860is... havent given myself a lot of choices except for these two. maybe i'm more brand conscious cuz i felt that s*ny products arent make to last. havent tried nikon olympus and other brands too. Well have u given some thoughts on 960is ?

Most features are the same between 860IS and 960IS. The reason I am looking at 860IS is due to the Wide Angel feature which is missing in the 960IS. I think I would rather trade in the titanium body, 12mp & iso 3600 for a 28mm WA.

Most features are the same between 860IS and 960IS. The reason I am looking at 860IS is due to the Wide Angel feature which is missing in the 960IS. I think I would rather trade in the titanium body, 12mp & iso 3600 for a 28mm WA.

i am also keen in getting the canon 860 and also agree that the 28mm 8M pixel is a more preferred choice over the other 12M pixel 3600iso.

another camera worth considering is fujifilm f50d.

i realise that buying overseas is cheaper than buying locally, but warranty is the issue. i found that vPOSTUSA is selling the canon 870 (860 equivalent) at 299USD, minus transportation. Tempting...

Didn't really do much research into fujifilm f50d. How's the features and picture quality?

12mp = more noise and poorer quality image in general for a small sensor

titanium body = a mere luxury

ISO3600 = u can forget about even printing a photo at ISO3600

bottom line, get the 860IS or fuji F50fd :)

12mp = more noise and poorer quality image in general for a small sensor

titanium body = a mere luxury

ISO3600 = u can forget about even printing a photo at ISO3600

bottom line, get the 860IS or fuji F50fd :)

these two are my preferences.

fujifilm f50d is better than canon ixus 860 in terms of image quality according to dpreview.

but the canon has 28mm wide angle while fujifilm does not have... tough choice... price wise, the fujifilm should be cheaper than the canon.

Yea I think the 28mm is a hugh plus point. Can see that more n more camera adopting this feature.

Anymore review or comments?

conquer500... Are you telling me the market price for 860IS or you have one for sale?

Would like to do more comparision so keep those comment coming in. :)

market price.

things that i look for in a P&S camera

WA lens
fast response (half press -> focus -> shoot)
easy to use
good flash pictures
small and light
low noise at higher ISO

How much would it cost for VPOST to ship a camera to you though? I've never bought electronics via vpost. Plus also, no warranty leh... even though IS much cheaper.

Any comments on the following when compared to each other?

Canon ixus 860
Lumix DMC-TZ3
Lumix DMC-FX33

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.