Ixus 55 Good Camera? I want a good ultra compact camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday

Dec 9, 2005
Hi there!

I'm looking for a good ultra compact camera. Is Ixus 55 a good one?:)

My consideration factors are like:
- size
- shutter speed
- zoom lens
- good LCD
- long battery life
- variety of exposure moods

Please feel free to comment.

Cheers!

casio exislim

very slim ;)

If one is not familiar with his camera and its workings, its never good enuff.

Casio has one of the slimmest camera models out there. The Fuji F11 is pretty impressive as well with its low noise (for that size camera. Dun take it & compare to a DSLR plz).

To be frank most ultra compacts in the market today are very similiar...apart from brand its pretty hard to differentiate one from the other... all are capable of taking great shot. So take your pick.

I have an Exslim and really like it. I carry it in my briefcase on business trips in case I see something I want to take a picture of. The only downside to the Exslim is that it does not have a viewfinder - but the anti-shake program is good. My other camera is a 20D.

My daughter wanted an ultra compact and, based on research, I had decided on the Fuji 11. Once I saw and tried it, though, I knew it would not fit her needs. It is just too bulky and heavy for what she wanted, even though it apparently takes great photos. Instead, I bought the Ixus 55. She absolutely loves the size and the quality of pictures. She also has a Canon 30 slr, so knows something about picture quality.

checkout the finepix f11 if you want to shoot at ISO 800 and above

Status
Not open for further replies.