IXUS 50 or Coolpix 5900

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorado

Jun 7, 2005
Bedok
Hi
I'm New to digital camara, wanted to get myself a digital camara.. I got inside my mind two Camara to consider... Canon IXUS 50 and Nilkon Coolpix 5900, both are 5 magapixel... can anyone tell me which one is better... :thumbsup: :) Thank,...

dorado said:
Hi
I'm New to digital camara, wanted to get myself a digital camara.. I got inside my mind two Camara to consider... Canon IXUS 50 and Nilkon Coolpix 5900, both are 5 magapixel... can anyone tell me which one is better... :thumbsup: :) Thank,...

both are equally good.

me also considering thies few camera from nikon and canon...just wanna know other than this two...model...is there any model similar to these but come with some manual control(shutter sped and aperture)

I am also looking at these two cams IXUS50 and CP5900. In addition I am also looking at the Panasonix FX7 cos of the image stabiliser. Anyone have any experience with it. Please advise.

Cheers

The panasonic pics turn out very grainy... Colours are very reddish. compared to Ixus 50 or nikon 5900, the colours are very unnatural. when you better compare the nikon and canon, avoid judging from the look of the pic on LCD. Canon's LCD dsiplay a very nice pic but it actually looks diff when you download and view on PC. the nikon's display is more WYSIWYG IMHO.

can you advise the diff btw fx8 and fx7 ? how much is it ?

nikkie said:
The panasonic pics turn out very grainy... Colours are very reddish. compared to Ixus 50 or nikon 5900, the colours are very unnatural. when you better compare the nikon and canon, avoid judging from the look of the pic on LCD. Canon's LCD dsiplay a very nice pic but it actually looks diff when you download and view on PC. the nikon's display is more WYSIWYG IMHO.

NIKKIE, thanks for your feedback. :thumbsup: On other features, like startup, shutter lag, manual features, scenic mode etc, what do find among these 2 cams ?

I think all cameras can take nice, good / nice color and sharp photos as long as you know how to make fully use of the camera features and understanding photography techniques.

For me, I would prefer camera with manual modes which allow me to control the aperture and shutter speed for creativityl effect.

silverspectrum said:
can you advise the diff btw fx8 and fx7 ? how much is it ?
diff is fx8 can last twice the battery life of fx7 and fx8 got better movie mode

Can someone advise me what is the fair price for a new ixus50 and the FX8 ? I just want to have some gauge b4 i head down to the shops. Btw, any shops to recommend ? Cheers

ok.. shops go, peninsular plaza.... for cams ...., how about coolpix range. but for a start, most of my frens prefer to start with canon... dono y ...

Joel Lyn said:
ok.. shops go, peninsular plaza.... for cams ...., how about coolpix range. but for a start, most of my frens prefer to start with canon... dono y ...

;p which coolpix do you recommend ? I was quite confused with the CP range; dunno what the diff btw eg. 5600 and 5900. thot the 4800 also quite good but dun seem to be popular leh.

Thanks

if u don mind me say, save alittle bit more buy the nikon d50.

but in any case, for the cool pix, if u looking for the built closest to a dslr then, all three versions of the 8 megapix cam is ok. for the 5 megapix cam, i would say... 5100 is the cloest to a built of a dslr

Joel Lyn said:
if u don mind me say, save alittle bit more buy the nikon d50.

but in any case, for the cool pix, if u looking for the built closest to a dslr then, all three versions of the 8 megapix cam is ok. for the 5 megapix cam, i would say... 5100 is the cloest to a built of a dslr

Joel Lyn, thanks for your feedback, no problem. How much is the d50 going for ?

hey... no prob. got ms colour... selling $1500 w camera case.

try to save more for a card as well..

for tips.. get a cam which u can upgrade. like a dslr, only need lenses body wise, unless u very particular a d50, d100 or d70s will do.

which is if u r not going into pro photography. avoid fashion cameras like the olympus muji canon ixus and nikon s series.

no offenses, unless u r really looking for a slim compact camera.

now now, go get ur cam !!

buy buy buy!!!

the next thing u know, is a dry box, a flash.. wide angle zoom

lenses cleaner, tripod, filter to protect ur lenses elements... ya..

need help to get the cam do let me know eh??

Status
Not open for further replies.