IVP Swimming Championships 2006 (Warning: Image intensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denosha

Dec 25, 2003
Bukit Timah
www.sgl.per.sg
My humble shots from the Institute-Varsity-Polytechnic (IVP) Swimming Championships 2006 (Day 1). Was doing coverage on behalf of NUS SRC via NUSSU VPC. My first attempt at shooting swimming. Constructive criticisms and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Some tech info: All shots taken on a 20D with either a 17-40L, 70-200L IS or Sigma 50-500mm. Per shot info can check the exif. :)

Discussion.jpg

Zero_hour.jpg

Number_1.jpg

Diving_2.jpg

More at: http://www.sgl.per.sg/users/denosha/gallery/IVPSwimming06

Cool shots. Really captured the moment.
There were lil supporters? Wanted to go down to
take too but had stuff on tt day.
:confused:

Very nice coverage and great actions captured. :thumbsup:
I personally like 5,7 & 8 pic. :bsmilie:

enghong17 said:
Hope SRC paid you. Cos they did last year.......;)

Hmm.. Therein lies the problem with VPC being a NUSSU standing comm. Seems that anything to do with $$$ (spending or getting) is a sensitive issue and needs approval from the powers that be, etc. :dunno:

Anyway, i think the experience was rewarding enough. :D

Some of the shots look professionally done. :thumbsup:

It has been 16 years since I last swam at SRC. Last time when studying at NUS, I swam there at least 3-4 times a week.

From the look of the shelves in the background, it seems that SRC hasn't changed too much even after 16 years ....... at least I still can recognise the steps beside the pool and the shelves for putting our belongings. :bsmilie: Or may be every pool in tertiary institutions looks similar.

Good effort; good work. But be cautioned; too many of the same kind of shots dilutes your overall effort. Be really choosy; though it's hard to do.

nice shots man...you were the guy in yellow strolling the pool side yeah?

agentmonkey said:
nice shots man...you were the guy in yellow strolling the pool side yeah?

Nope. I wasn't wearing yellow. Anyway, this was from last sat's event not the finals that just concluded yesterday. My friend went to go shoot that one though. I was at the IVP Track and Field. :D

i went for both yesterday..lol... nus for the swimming then headed over to nyp for the track and field..crazy weather...you're the guy in white then with 2 cameras? or the one who offered me the umbrella? remember only seeing 3 other photographers there...haha...damn man..sound like a stalker...not my intention :embrass:

agentmonkey said:
i went for both yesterday..lol... nus for the swimming then headed over to nyp for the track and field..crazy weather...you're the guy in white then with 2 cameras? or the one who offered me the umbrella? remember only seeing 3 other photographers there...haha...damn man..sound like a stalker...not my intention :embrass:

I was in NYP too.

sentimentalgal said:
cool!! i swim at NUS pool 3 to 4 time per week. love viewing other swim!! =]

you haven't heard of the ghastly remark about fats swimming in the pool. :p

Imagine, swimmer in bikini jumps into pool, you don't see the water's movement.. but you notice lovehandles flapping in the water....

:sweat:

agentmonkey said:

Wow! That's quite hardcore. 2 venues in one day...

Yeah, i was the one with the 2 cameras. Borrowed my bro's 300D so that I wouldn't have to change lens as often (which is hard to do with a backpack).

Denosha said:
Hmm.. Therein lies the problem with VPC being a NUSSU standing comm. Seems that anything to do with $$$ (spending or getting) is a sensitive issue and needs approval from the powers that be, etc. :dunno:

Anyway, i think the experience was rewarding enough. :D

Nah, its with SRC "openly" trying to reduce costs.......by using VPC...... at least you had fun........:)

U r pretty hardcore too......2 bodies......:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.