I've got my camera...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkdwhiz1188

Dec 20, 2003
East Coast
Hi plp! can someone advise me how to start on the long and arduous journey of digital photography?

Start shooting!!!
:)

but don't just shoot blindly.. after every shot, look at the result and ask yourself why it turn out like that..

if require, shoot again but maybe with different exposure or metering, etc.. try out the various way to take a pic and see which one turns out the best..

Thanks! I've been shooting! but um....the pics dunno y so blur when i shoot close up. I adjusted the aperture to F2.4 and the shuter speed to 1/13 n set the cam to macro mode...still blur. What are the required camera settings b4 shooting close range pics?

tkdwhiz1188 said:
...and the shuter speed to 1/13...

1/13th of a second shutter speed is not good enough to get rid of camera shake. Try 1/60 or 1/125 for a start. Generally, try the 1/(focal length) rule, meaning if you are shooting at 50mm, your shutter speed should be at least 1/50->round up to 1/60 to prevent camera shake. Of course with more pratice you can lengthen your shutter speed without shake.

Oh, btw, after shooting, ask people to critic your photo.

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Thanks! I've been shooting! but um....the pics dunno y so blur when i shoot close up. I adjusted the aperture to F2.4 and the shuter speed to 1/13 n set the cam to macro mode...still blur. What are the required camera settings b4 shooting close range pics?

What kind of subjects were you shooting? :)

yup... best way to learn is from mistakes....!!

no use explaining all theory and no practical lessons...:)
so just go shoot and shoot and more shoot... ;)

best is know a few friends whom also into photography and go for shooting outings in a group... :bsmilie:
more fun and can learn from each other...

just my opinion... :bsmilie:

1/13 second handheld is a skill that you can have after quite some experience with your camera. rather, try shooting more often, and be thankful that the feedback for digital photography is instantaneous, and you can see what you did right or wrong - unlike the days of film. :)

sehsuan said:
1/13 second handheld is a skill that you can have after quite some experience with your camera. rather, try shooting more often, and be thankful that the feedback for digital photography is instantaneous, and you can see what you did right or wrong - unlike the days of film. :)

You were shooting film long before you started digital? :)

tkdwhiz1188 said:

Keep shooting, post the pics in the photo galleries, with your settings. :)

Wolfgang said:
You were shooting film long before you started digital? :)

No, he was shooting his mouth off long before he started on photography. :bsmilie:

Find some kakis and hit the streets, with more people, you can learn from each others...Lee, shall we do streets?

YSLee said:
No, he was shooting his mouth off long before he started on photography. :bsmilie:

where's the relevance this time, YS? :dunno:

in my earlier reply, i made it pretty clear about the instantaneous feedback loop that digital has over film, is this not clear enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.