Its Spring! Its Tulip season!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petf69

Oct 1, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Taken in Holland at the annual Tulip festival. taken handheld with Canon 400D and 24-70L
Hope you like it.
76487378.jpg

76487383.jpg

76487393.jpg

76487400.jpg

nice, a rare sight here.

Personally still prefer some to focus on the top of the stalk, or have a deeper depth of field to cover those.

Nice! I'm going to Amsterdam this week, hopefully can find time to visit this beautiful garden. :)

Thanks ZCF, indeed they are a beauty. Noted your point on DOF. must bring a tripod next time.

Nice! I'm going to Amsterdam this week, hopefully can find time to visit this beautiful garden. :)

cool. do a search for Keukenhof. Direction: take a train from Amsterdam central station to Leiden (return Eur12) and then take the Bus 54 direct to the garden (package bus fare & park fee is Eur20).....but all worth it!!!:)

Personally I love the punchy colors. great job. :thumbsup:
by the way, what lens are you using? isn't it breezy in a open air garden?

Personally I love the punchy colors. great job. :thumbsup:
by the way, what lens are you using? isn't it breezy in a open air garden?

Thank you. Agreed. the Colour and pattern is amazing.

I used Canon 24-70L, did not have a macro lens nor a close up. handheld.

Fortunately, most of the top species are located in the closed glass garden, it was actually quite windy outside.....:sweat:

ic ic.. no wonder. because I reckon it would be rather windy.
It would be impossible to get still flowers shot at those condition.. :)

Hi no. 1 would have been better if you can catch a longer stretch of the rest of the colours. The rest of the photos are nice!

Hi no. 1 would have been better if you can catch a longer stretch of the rest of the colours. The rest of the photos are nice!

absolutely. i should have climbed up the windmill and take some photos which will capture more colours......too lazy i guess....:embrass:

Wonderful colours Simon. Thanks for sharing these mate.

ic ic.. no wonder. because I reckon it would be rather windy.
It would be impossible to get still flowers shot at those condition.. :)

ya man! the wind does not help at all. may be next time should bring a reflector as wind shield??? :sweat:

hence the flowers inside the glass house is perfect. the light is soft and min. wind.

I'm amazed at the number and variety of cameras held by the visitors......not so long ago.....may be one family have one camera.....now.....almost everyone in the family is happily snapping away......;p

Thanks mate. appreciate it.
Heading to Sydney for 3 weeks in May, got any good shooting location to recommend?

Hey mate,

Autumn in Sydney, will be a good time for photo opps... hmmm... 3 weeks huh. Apart from the usual tourist attractions around the Harbour, can consider going for an early morning balloon flight above the Hunter Valley, opportunity for some great views over the Hunter Valley - after that you can visit the many wineries there (also great photo opps). Katoomba and the Blue Mountains and the Jenolan caves are another good option. Or you can go to Jervis Bay for the nice beaches and the dolphin watching, or also to the Fitzroy Falls area for the nice waterfalls and the rainforest around there. You going with the family ? Taronga zoo is a good option for the kids.

Hey mate,

Autumn in Sydney, will be a good time for photo opps... hmmm... 3 weeks huh. Apart from the usual tourist attractions around the Harbour, can consider going for an early morning balloon flight above the Hunter Valley, opportunity for some great views over the Hunter Valley - after that you can visit the many wineries there (also great photo opps). Katoomba and the Blue Mountains and the Jenolan caves are another good option. Or you can go to Jervis Bay for the nice beaches and the dolphin watching, or also to the Fitzroy Falls area for the nice waterfalls and the rainforest around there. You going with the family ? Taronga zoo is a good option for the kids.

thanks mate for the tips. no.... going for short work trip. but Hunter valley, Fitzroy Falls and Jervis Bay sounds like excellent weekend trips.
cheers!!!

#13 is my fav...has this dreamy effect :) Thanks for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.