It's Sandra from Ukraine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvinmah

Feb 1, 2006
Yishun
www.melvinmah.com
First time studio attempt :embrass: . C&C most welcomed ;)

Oh before I forget, thanks again Ivan (Modelinn), for giving me guidance in studio photography. And of course to William Chua for his studio, it was nice to finally meet you!

mel2695ass6.jpg

mel2703aww5.jpg

mel2714aav1.jpg

76702864.kcqxUTGN.MEL_2714a.jpg

u r most welcomed.. and u r fast! Nice credits, maybe just slightly smaller will look nicer, or bigger.. This pic gets my vote:thumbsup:

76702864.kcqxUTGN.MEL_2714a.jpg

u r most welcomed.. and u r fast! Nice credits, maybe just slightly smaller will look nicer, or bigger.. This pic gets my vote:thumbsup:

Whoa you are quite fast at replying too. Just barely a minute after i posted haha. For the credits, I probably leave it the way it is for now.

And thanks for the vote!

Impressive colour. Pic 2 gets my vote...

Maybe its just me, but the skin colour is a little too yellowish for a caucasian. Nice composition and captures. The reds were screaming for attention. Good one!

can use a reflector to fill in the left side to improve the balance slightly. a pronounced unidirectional shadow should not show up in a studio pic.
good attempt.

not too much into portraiture, but these are some of the better photos i've seen in recent times. brilliant :thumbsup:
if you don't mind, can you also post some closeups too ? would like to see how you've played around with the light and shadow. thanks.

Hey Melvin you're fast! Excellent captures you got here! :thumbsup:

not too much into portraiture, but these are some of the better photos i've seen in recent times. brilliant :thumbsup:
if you don't mind, can you also post some closeups too ? would like to see how you've played around with the light and shadow. thanks.

Wow thanks for the great compliment. Honoured. Unfortunately I didn't do closeups. Though I could crop and have fair headshots. Hmm.. will see what I can do. Still have yet to really sort out my photos haha. But thank you once again for your comment.

Wow! Mel, great shots! :thumbsup:

Much better than mine of Renata with modelinn. The studio is great isn't it. Long enough to use a 400mmf2.8 to shoot in there {juz joking lah} but I was using my 85mm f1.2 all the way.

Didn't know that you are going for that shoot, otherwise would have joined 'batman n robin' again?

cheers

Are u using ur 17-55 for all those shot?:lovegrin:

Mel, I like 2 AND 5. :lovegrin:

I like 4...the shadows

Are u using ur 17-55 for all those shot?:lovegrin:

Yep, every single shot my friend. It's not the perfect lens for portrait of course, just have to work with what I have. 85 1.4 would've been ideal.

thanks for the credits melvin

-jo

You are most welcomed. Great honour to have you as the makeup artist for the shoot and to have finally met you in person.

And to the rest, thank you for the kind comments so far :) Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.