Status
Not open for further replies.

arikevin

Oct 21, 2003
Serangoon
Heard of some people calling Nikon as Ny-con. :bsmilie:

arikevin said:
Heard of some people calling Nikon as Ny-con. :bsmilie:

Mostly ang mohs pronounce it that way... anyway, who cares if its po-tay-tos or poh-ta-tos, semantics doesn't affect the quality ;)

Oh, the 5 English vowels a/e/i/o/u have different sound in different parts of the world la. Even the word "photography" can sound differently by different photographers. No, I am not an-tie-american. :D

It's a japanese brand and should be pronounced the japanese way.

Another example is mi-tsu-bi-shi, but u can hear pple pronounce it as mit-su-bi-si.

if you think that's bad, have you heard the advertisements for McQuay air cons..

loupgarou said:
if you think that's bad, have you heard the advertisements for McQuay air cons..
McChicken?

reminds me of last time they always say ku-ra-dee for karate

The company doesn't mind how it's being called... as long as people know it's the same thing.

willyfoo said:
The company doesn't mind how it's being called... as long as people know it's the same thing.

Actually, the company doesn't mind how it's being called... as long as people keep buying their products :bsmilie:

GYR

Here in Australia, Hyundai is pronounced huun-day. Cracks me up when I'm so used to calling it Hyun-dai.

my guess would be "cub-snip" :bsmilie:

aaronng said:
Here in Australia, Hyundai is pronounced huun-day. Cracks me up when I'm so used to calling it Hyun-dai.

It is the correct way(Korean) of pronouncing it actually.
'huun-day' or 'Hue-n-day',

aaronng said:
I'm Australian and I pronounce it Hyun-dai. Never heard it pronounce the way you say.

Royce said:
I'm Australian and I pronounce it Hyun-dai. Never heard it pronounce the way you say.

Go ask a native Korean how they would pronounce it. There are quite a few of them in Australia so it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Tetrode said:
Go ask a native Korean how they would pronounce it. There are quite a few of them in Australia so it shouldn't be too hard to do.
Difficult to do when I'm living in Singapore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.