It's mine! munch munch munch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

3351191939_f755275a6a.jpg

Hi guys, would like to hear your comments/feedbacks about this picture.

This was taken at the zoo and somehow was intrigue on how that cute monkey was eating its food.. Gobble gobble down like nobody's business... I had to lower down my pop-up flash by -1(apologies if i got the value wrong) and would like to seek your comments on whether the -1 flash is appropriate enough for this shot. Somehow i feel that its' just feels right.

Second, i would like to find out on whether the crop is sufficient enough. Is it too tight?

Thank you. really appreciate your comments.

Last edited:
This was taken at the zoo and somehow was intrigue on how that cute monkey was eating its food.. Gobble gobble down like nobody's business... I had to lower down my pop-up flash by -1(apologies if i got the value wrong) and would like to seek your comments on whether the -1 flash is appropriate enough for this shot. Somehow i feel that its' just feels right.

Sure thing the hominid is gobbling fast, another one is just standing right in front ;)
Your gut feeling is right, the picture isn't really nice. The flash smacked right into the face doesn't do any good and the tight cropping just emphasizes the eyes, starring wide open that every narcotics officer would get itchy fingers. It remains a funny snapshot, though :)
Think again: what exactly do you want to show? The eating habits, obviously. What is the special thing about them? How can you bring out this special thing? Keep in mind: it might look like a rapid action to you once you see it happening, but on a picture time is frozen.

Rather " fierce " looking picture.

i won't say it's aesthetically pleasing but the expression is there, and the harshness of the popup flash actually adds to that :bsmilie:

Second, i would like to find out on whether the crop is sufficient enough. Is it too tight?

Thank you. really appreciate your comments.

in general, most people do not like knowing that you have used flash, be it for portraits, etc. there is nothing as counterintuitive as having unnatural lighting in the photograph. the flash is still too harsh. fill flash can be used, but by no means at this level.

if the lighting is too low for you to use fill flash nicely without having to end up with an animal that looks like it has been stunned by your flash.. then my advice is to either not shoot, or to keep the photograph for personal enjoyment.

that said, i'm not sure what the protocol is regarding flash in the zoo; if the rules are not to do so, best to observe them, they are there for a reason.

as for composition, i find the background way too cluttered. the space given is alright, but have you tried another angle. something lower, perhaps? i won't know if it were possible though, i wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.