It's Lens, People! Not LEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over here at our design house, I hear some people saying the word 'spline'. At first I thought it's a new printing term but only find later that they were referring to the 'spine' of the magazine. LOL! I love Singapura!

Also, don't forget check out the latest 'Gigital' care-mer-ler.

somewhere in orchard, somebody fainted--- uncle said "better call ambulen" :bsmilie:

LOL. stop being a bunch of language-nazis :bsmilie:

Don't agree with you. We should do them right so that everyone speak and write correctly.

Pse continue to share...

Thanks for all..

yesterday when working,we have to sanitize the ice bins,guess what my colleage pronouced as?he told his buddy "EH!!!need to standardize the ice bin arh!!",lauged behind his back

Personally, I feel that where the spoken language is concerned, it is okay to give some leeway. After all, the Sino languages play on the tongue a lot differently than the Anglo ones.

Of course, the written language should be accurate where possible.

(My Mandarin sucks by the way, so you won't see me on no Chinese-based forum!) :sweat:

so many english teachers in this forum. 50% here probably heard the other party wrongly and blamed them for speaking wrongly.

well.. american english was born when most of the people on N. America started speaking British English wrongly.. later they even changes the spelling of some of the words to suit how they pronounced. So when I hear some strange words I just take them as Singlish

well.. american english was born when most of the people on N. America started speaking British English wrongly.. later they even changes the spelling of some of the words to suit how they pronounced. So when I hear some strange words I just take them as Singlish
actually American English was codified as a political statement of their independence from colonial (British) dominion... one of their ideals was to make spelling more coherent with respect to pronunciation... and this codification was carried out by learned men, not people who could not use proper language...:nono:

I could not believe it when a customer asked me today, "I want one with 8 megapixels and 5 speed zoom" :confused:

Serious.

I also dislike the terms :

Shuttle speed

Len

Mega plixel

Lenmax printer

Fuji fine print camera

Olympic camera

Me, "a 1 gb card will store 250 shots", ... Customer, "how many will a 2gb card hold"

Does it have automatic zoom.

It goes on and on and on :bsmilie:

The internet is the worst place for someone to learn how to speak and write correctly. :bsmilie:

Anyway Yappy, I believe the thread was started with humour as its main intent... heh. :)

Pablo: Uhhhhhhhh 1+1 = 3?

To add to that, it is quite frustrating trying to answer questions posted by posters who can't be bothered to attempt to at least phrase the questions properly.

Do you know why when I read the forum english standard so bad I can't understand why maybe someone can enlighten me?

As above ;)

Do you know why when I read the forum english standard so bad I can't understand why maybe someone can enlighten me?

What? :bsmilie:

well your english standard is not perfect either. I got trouble understanding why you are reading the forum`s english so badly too.

What? :bsmilie:

well your english standard is not perfect either. I got trouble understanding why you are reading the forum`s english so badly too.

:bsmilie: I was pretending, in case you didn't realise.

"Sorry I confuse you with my english language. All I asking is know why the standard in Clubsnap so bad when I read I cannot understand anything so asking why now maybe someone can enlighten?"

Sense you people are not making! :angel:

Do not take it for granted that *everyone* is able to speak/write english in the correct manner... Perhaps our own social circles do. But I can tell you one thing is for sure, there are much more who aren't able to do so than the government dares to admit.

Sense you people are not making! :angel:

you see i tell you of bad standard here of english in CS. I really am not understand why.

Okay jokes aside. I am not intending to insult or put down these people.

In a forum, I believe it is the aim of most people, especially senior members and such, to try and help newer photographers out. These photographers may have doubts, questions, queries and problems on hand, but it is really very hard to help when the person facing the difficulty doesn't have the decency to pose the question comprehensibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.