it's her

Status
Not open for further replies.

eadwine

Jan 17, 2002
east side
001.jpg
064.jpg

yes yes i finally talked my friend into being "a model for a day" for me.well...i kinda had to show her pics of her i took first.
i wonder if she'd kill me knowing i've put her pics up here?:confused:
so i've realise that one important thing when taking photos of people u know is that everyone has fun.

o if u guys noticed a slight blurry effect, it cos i softened it a teen weeny bit.

the second one is under-exposed

086.jpg
143b.jpg

any idea how to make a face look less over exposed?
i tried to adjust the brightness but it tends to darken the entire picture

Originally posted by eadwine

don't really like the green coloured one though.

agree, maybe you can use PS to convert it to black and white?

in the first photo, i will prefer not to cut off her foot. also maybe blur the background

the last one deserves 2 thumbs-up.....

where was the location of shoot for tt last pic....

juz to ask if she's the same girl frm she 1 and 2 (again):D

This last pic is very nice, got the mood in it. As for the light maybe you can get something to block the sunlight the use flash to brighten the face. Just guessing most likely can't work.
Got not chance and ablity to create such masterpiece.

BTW did u use flash for all the pictures? How you manage to hide the shadow so well?

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

This last pic is very nice, got the mood in it. As for the light maybe you can get something to block the sunlight the use flash to brighten the face. Just guessing most likely can't work.
Got not chance and ablity to create such masterpiece.

BTW did u use flash for all the pictures? How you manage to hide the shadow so well?

nope, i tend to have a bad habit of not using flash.

nope, i tend to have a bad habit of not using flash.
Some pictures without flash are real good but some you definately need flash especially in broad day light. Fill flash..

wa chio bu ::devil: :devil: more more

i am still convinving my friend to post her pics here :)

why does she look a lot like florence tan from mediacorp ?

Originally posted by shawntim
why does she look a lot like florence tan from mediacorp ?

errm cos shes not?? ;p

143b.jpg

You would have to do selective brightness adjustment to balance the exposure of the entire frame. The extend of which this can be done is also dependent on whether the face area has been washed out (contains only 255's for the RGB values) in the original picture.

I modified the first 2 pics a little in PS, adding a little softness in the first pic and corrected the exposure and colour in the second. With you permission, I can post them here for your judgement.

Originally posted by roygoh

You would have to do selective brightness adjustment to balance the exposure of the entire frame. The extend of which this can be done is also dependent on whether the face area has been washed out (contains only 255's for the RGB values) in the original picture.

I modified the first 2 pics a little in PS, adding a little softness in the first pic and corrected the exposure and colour in the second. With you permission, I can post them here for your judgement.

alright then...lets see em.

alright then...lets see em.

Here's the first picture:

Original -

aaa.jpg

First tweak - softening and overall warming

aab.jpg

Second tweak - softening, selective warming, background cleanup

aac.jpg

u know what....i tink i was kinda engross on the subject i didnt take notice of the background!!

nice work there roy!!

Second picture:

Original -
aad.jpg

First tweak - colour adjust and softening
aae.jpg

Second tweak - colour adjust, skin touch-up, and softening. The skin tone still looks unatural on my screen, but that's the best I can do for now. I actually prefer the slightly greenish tone in the first tweak.
aag.jpg

Please let me know if you like the modifications.

And thanks for giving me permission. I welcome all these practice opportunities.

- Roy

roy:hmmm the last two of urs looks kinda over exposed on my screen

roy:hmmm the last two of urs looks kinda over exposed on my screen

Are you referring to the background? I sacrificed the background to bring out details on the face. I feel that the background details are not that important, so I let it wash out a bit. Do you feel that the background is over-powering?

Status
Not open for further replies.