It's an ant thing..?

orionmystery

Jun 23, 2009
KL
orionmystery.blogspot.com
It's an ant thing, i guess. Seen them doing tug-of-war so many times LOL. I wonder why though...maybe they were from different colonies?

4378015480_3a9942e0e8_o.jpg

2. bite an ant by its antenna LOL
4378014776_d5ca53ba90_o.jpg

3. down to its last antenna
4378013702_0b6681f89a_o.jpg

4. wonder if ant's antenna will grow back?
4377262499_60e3bc8679_o.jpg

5. an old old shot from July 2008
2693232374_34e1ee7f7f_o.jpg

Nice shots, maybe is a kid's play.

Interesting...I want to know too...
ermmm... disobeying orders? lol

good shots!

Nice shots, maybe is a kid's play.

Thanks, Fallenphoenix and James. Still don't know why but guessing they were fighting. Some said an ant pulls her sister's antennae to get her to hurry up :D

Maybeee, either they're rivals, all they just trying to communicate the bad way. :) But i think its how they communicate though.
Nice shots btw :)

Maybeee, either they're rivals, all they just trying to communicate the bad way. :) But i think its how they communicate though.
Nice shots btw :)

Thanks, fhoemographer. I was thinking it's either fighting between colonies or communication within colony, i am leaning more towards the latter now as i expect inter colonies fight to be fiercer than this.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Ants-a058914434

from this site: ant pulls on its sister's antenna to hurry them up :D

Nice take! :) Maybe its a big bully? :dunno: :think:

Wahhh. I have learned something today..."All of these ants are females. They are all sisters, and they are all daughters of the queen ant."

Just curious.. So there are more female ants than male ants? If yes, one male ants verus how many female ants? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Wahhh. I have learned something today..."All of these ants are females. They are all sisters, and they are all daughters of the queen ant."

Just curious.. So there are more female ants than male ants? If yes, one male ants verus how many female ants? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

where the king ants :embrass:

http://www.antstuff.net/html/species_of_ants.html

number 2,3,4. they are fire Ant

Last edited:
Nice shots Tug of war?? maybe :)

Thanks, Glenn. Haha..i don't know the answer.

where the king ants :embrass:

http://www.antstuff.net/html/species_of_ants.html

number 2,3,4. they are fire Ant

Thanks...does look like a possible match.

Nice shots Tug of war?? maybe :)

Thanks, Bryan. Yes...tug of war. Pushing her sister to go work work work LOL

For most ants, males' only job is to mate and require the female to feed them as they do not have the proper mouth parts to feed themselves... they're usually the winged ones sitting in the nest waiting for the new queen to emerge to have mass orgy in the air, which they die shortly after that... exciting life eh?

For most ants, males' only job is to mate and require the female to feed them as they do not have the proper mouth parts to feed themselves... they're usually the winged ones sitting in the nest waiting for the new queen to emerge to have mass orgy in the air, which they die shortly after that... exciting life eh?

Not for me. :D

Not for me. :D

Saying no to a life of mating and eating? :D:bsmilie:

great marco ! :)

Thanks, kelvinlin.

Saying no to a life of mating and eating? :D:bsmilie:

The thought of bedding only one gal and once only....together with whole lot of other males... and doing nothing at all in nest but getting fed by other gals, the life is actually pretty sad. Not to mention that the gonads are ripped off after mating.