It's a WONDERFUL world we live in ... isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Poll shows some Singaporeans avoid those quarantined for H1N1
By Lynda Hong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 08 June 2009 1828 hrs

SINGAPORE: A recent poll has shown that 25 per cent of Singaporeans will avoid those who have been quarantined for the H1N1 flu, even after they have been given the all-clear.

During the height of the H1N1 global outbreak, Darren – not his real name – was quarantined after coming into contact with someone with a recent travel history to Mexico.

Recalling his experience, he said: "My aunt's sister, who stays next to us, told me not to share the plates and cups, and asked me not to share the same table... I felt annoyed, helpless and rejected."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/434607/1/.html

Poll shows some Singaporeans avoid those quarantined for H1N1
By Lynda Hong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 08 June 2009 1828 hrs

SINGAPORE: A recent poll has shown that 25 per cent of Singaporeans will avoid those who have been quarantined for the H1N1 flu, even after they have been given the all-clear.

During the height of the H1N1 global outbreak, Darren – not his real name – was quarantined after coming into contact with someone with a recent travel history to Mexico.

Recalling his experience, he said: "My aunt's sister, who stays next to us, told me not to share the plates and cups, and asked me not to share the same table... I felt annoyed, helpless and rejected."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/434607/1/.html
Kiasi Singaporeans, hiaz.

his aunt's sister? isnt she his aunt too? :rolleyes:

Aiyah ... 'domestic' arrangements can be very luan wan lah. :bsmilie:

Still, the feeling of stigmatisation even after being cleared from quarantine.

I hate to think about the sheer rejection and what AIDS victims are still going through due to ignorence, blind fear and misconceptions.

Aiyah ... 'domestic' arrangements can be very luan wan lah. :bsmilie:

Still, the feeling of stigmatisation even after being cleared from quarantine.

I hate to think about the sheer rejection and what AIDS victims are still going through due to ignorence, blind fear and misconceptions.

well, with the hype of H1N1, i think ppl forgot about other illnesses all of a sudden... like if tomorrow is World AIDS Day, no one will be bothered.

ignorance is bliss.

such behaviour disgusts me to no end.

remember the fiasco during SARs, when people actively avoided any body who boarded any mode of public transport wearing a medico outfit, especially if they boarded around the Novena/Tan Tock Seng Hospital area?

when will people start realising that the common flu actually kills more people per year than the swine flu has in the past few months. honestly. even in Melbourne, the supposed swine flu capital of the world now... we don't shun people for being ill.

I'm sorry but once again I'm just low balled by how disgusting some of my supposed fellow Singaporeans can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.