It's a Sony Playstation Portable Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

legiz

Apr 17, 2006
Just brought a PSP for myself , want to chat if there is any csers owning one set , feel free to discuss here about the latest games , walkthrus , firmwares , etc. :)

Well. i got one last year, and i bought Midnight Club, Xmen 2, Splintercell essentials worms open warfare and DJ max. DJ max and SP essentials is fun, worms open warfare is a waste of money *unless you're playing with friends, then it's a different story. Midnight Club DUB's physics and gameplay is dumb and illogical. Xmen is just okay... well, wad games dd u buy?

Well. i got one last year, and i bought Midnight Club, Xmen 2, Splintercell essentials worms open warfare and DJ max. DJ max and SP essentials is fun, worms open warfare is a waste of money *unless you're playing with friends, then it's a different story. Midnight Club DUB's physics and gameplay is dumb and illogical. Xmen is just okay... well, wad games dd u buy?

only got 1 game .. metal gear solid port ops..:( but the graphic is very nice.. bro any link or website can recommend? so wutz yr version , mine is 1.5->3.03 latest update

I am looking for a copy of motogp. :) any preowned?

I am looking for a copy of motogp. :) any preowned?

original umd games - untold legents (1), socom (1), ridge racer (1), gundam battle tactics, armoured core

iso/cso games - 45gbs and counting

running 3.03 oe-c

my firmware path .. ...

2.5 -> 2.6 -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 3.03-oe c -> 3.10-oe a' -> 3.03-oe c

original umd games - untold legents (1), socom (1), ridge racer (1), gundam battle tactics, armoured core

iso/cso games - 45gbs and counting

running 3.03 oe-c

my firmware path .. ...

2.5 -> 2.6 -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 3.03-oe c -> 3.10-oe a' -> 3.03-oe c

ridge racer graphics looks good , will be waiting for FF7 crisis core , kingdom hearts comin this year:)

I bought brand new shrinkwrapped Ridge Racer 2 on 'play-asia.com' a few weeks ago for just $26.90.

Midnight Club DUB's physics and gameplay is dumb and illogical.

Yes, Midnight Club is stupid & lousy graphic... i'm currently having Initial D in the UMD slot & i've been playing it for months.

Yes, Midnight Club is stupid & lousy graphic... i'm currently having Initial D in the UMD slot & i've been playing it for months.

yup tried this game before , really sucks , initial D should be nicer.

hmmm... im a PSP owner too, eheh... ver 3.11 :D + 4GB sandisk mem stik, currently playing metal gear ops and my collection of 03 games...pro evo soccer 2007 ( wining 11 )... sonic rivals & mgs :D

what is the price for PSP ?
thinking of buying psp

i will not play NFS or any racing game... again on PSP....:nono: i felt dizzy got head ache and vomited..;(

they are updating there firmware to 3.3 are you updating your Devhook too??

what is the price for PSP ?
thinking of buying psp

MTL BBB :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i just bought a memort stick too, 4gb ($138 scandisk) , duno what to dump inside now..:sweatsm:

some resources for new PSP owners

www.pspvideo9.com for conversion of video. Till date this is the best and easiest utility that I can find and is free. Let me know if you require help with the utility.

Just some undocumented extra tidbits for those using pspvideo9, you can use pspvideo9 to convert .flv (flash video files), because it is using ffmpeg to do its conversion. This means you can download flv files off youtube and convert them to watch it on your psp.
You can write an avs script to hard encode subtitles into the video file.

if anyone has any hardware problems with PSP can also post here. I can most probably help you here.

PSP Survivor Guide (DO NOT TRY THIS):
The PSP can still survive after being soaked in water. Soap water, normal tap water, all sorts of water.

What to do when your PSP is drenched.
1) Turn your PSP off.
2) Remove batteries
3) Remove UMD and Memory Card
4) Open up the UMD cover, memory slot.
Optional: Wash the set with plain water if it has been in other solutions.
6) Put the PSP in an electronic dry box and leave it there for 1 week.

Advanced: Get a 60mm philip head (cross head screwdriver) from Home-DIY and take your PSP apart to dry it faster. To completely take it apart you need to remove the warranty sticker underneath the battery.

IMPORTANT WHEN TAKING THE PSP APART:
Remember the EXACT locations of all the screws when you take it apart. Screwing screws back in the wrong location might fit but it will exert a heavy pressure that will break/crack your LCD screen*.

*If you break your LCD screen. Fret not, get a replacement LCD off ebay WITH Backlight (this will save you a lot of troubles) and take apart the PSP and replace it :)

All in all, the PSP is one mighty beast. Taken it to its extreme and back. 5/5 to Sony for making this excellent product.

I had to do everything myself cos i was one of the early adopters of PSP and got my Jap set long before it launched in sg. Sony SG charges double the amount for inspection of export sets not inclusive of replacement costs, so I had to DIY repairs. :D

Disclaimer: All the above steps are what I have done in those circumstances and from personal experience. What might work for me might not work for you.

anyone playing lumines II here? :)

MTL BBB :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i just bought a memort stick too, 4gb ($138 scandisk) , duno what to dump inside now..:sweatsm:
So expensive,outside is selling at $90 for normal speed.
Did you got it anywhere around amk?

Status
Not open for further replies.