Its a rainy day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaGixShOe

Apr 16, 2002
magixshoe.clubsnap.org
whole day rain sia....

wonder if anyone capture shots of lighting to share?
my place here the lighting strikes very close to my house... very loud thunder and bright light.... heng my PC nv kena power surge

Originally posted by MaGixShOe

my place here the lighting strikes very close to my house... very loud thunder and bright light.... heng my PC nv kena power surge

U not using surge protector?

its a very old one.. duno it still offers protection anot

and my house's electricity always trip when there is thunderstorm:thumbsd:

its a very old one.. duno it still offers protection anot

Buy new one lah... it's a good investment - I kena power surge 2 times - motherboard, graphics card, modem, PSU all went kaput.

Originally posted by Revo
:eek:
so jialat?

Yeshh.. and the worse thing was, the mb, modem were no longer under warranty. The only comforting thing - my abit gf2mx was still under warranty - brought back to the shop and got a new one :D

Originally posted by MeNaCeWu
zzzzz thunder loud... scared to take... :embrass:

I'm not afraid of the thunder - it's the lightning that I'm worried about :eek:

Originally posted by Bluestrike
oh.. nvr go out and shoot?

eh... there's lightning flashing all over the place out there - you still ask ppl go out and shoot? :eek:

hyeah man! bloddy weather! all my sentosa plans go boil soup liao...

Originally posted by denizenx
hyeah man! bloddy weather! all my sentosa plans go boil soup liao...

It happens always on Good Friday, around 3pm, so say the Catholics at mass yesterday.

So, next time, be prepared to stay home and rest your feet. ;)

whole day rain sia....

wonder if anyone capture shots of lighting to share?

Capture shots of lighting!!!????

That is one of those shots where I hope to take. I have seen a photograph of a lightning bolt streaking from the sky to the ground on the cover page of National Geographic before and I always dreamt of the day I would be able to capture something like that.

It is not possible with conventional methods of shooting, since..
a) Firstly, you don't know when the lighting is going to strike and where.
b) Secondly, Even If you pre-focus the camera and wait damn long at spot where lightning is frequent, by the time you see it and press the shutter, your reaction time is already too slow to capture the moment.

I heard it is possible to use some sort of device which works like a slave flash, meaning when the lightning flashes, it will trigger the shutter instantly.

Any one have any idea what it is? or any idea how to capture a lightning bolt on a photograph?

Originally posted by Poledra
It happens always on Good Friday, around 3pm, so say the Catholics at mass yesterday.

So, next time, be prepared to stay home and rest your feet. ;)
is it a HINT from the powers that be to the cats then? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.