It's a hot day; 33 degrees..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a cloud in the sky...:confused:

Though hopefully this will dry up some stagnant water from the mozzies...

Warm and cosy. Zzzzz....

Hopefully can sleep early 2nite.

Lucky I just installed new aircon in my room...:sweatsm:

just back from outside. damn hot. :sweat:

The hot and dry season is actually the most favourable time for breeding of Aedes mosquitoes and therefore higher number of dengue cases usually occur during this period; on the other hand there are usually far fewer cases during the wet months from December onwards.

The hot and dry season is actually the most favourable time for breeding of Aedes mosquitoes and therefore higher number of dengue cases usually occur during this period; on the other hand there are usually far fewer cases during the wet months from December onwards.

Actually yeah, that makes sense. I'm guessing when it's seriously hot, water evaporates quickly and the air reaches maximum saturation fast. So you get real stagnant water + a cosy temperature for raising the young.

Yes true, although there's less rainfall during the hot season, stagnant water can still be found everywhere. On the other hand, water does not stagnate easily during the constant rain at the end of the year, and presumably lots of mosquitoes don't have chances to lay eggs, or the larvae get washed away in the downpour. Besides the statistics on dengue cases, I noticed that in the past I got bitten far less frequently at the end of the year as opposed to this period!

am eternally grateful to the person who invented the air-conditioner.....

without it, Singapore would be near inhospitable!!

If you guys think 33°C is hot, take a look at southern Europe now. It is scorching hot with the heatwave going on. 40+°C for more than a week already. You will feel that your skin is burning under that kind of heat.

keep dry, stay dry ; that's the way to keep them from growing.

:sweat:

Air con actually raised the temperature of the environment outside the building and at large the impact could add 2~3 degrees to the external environment. They work by exchanging heat from the building with the outside. Inside cooler, outside even warmer because of all these air con. Furthermore air con consumes a lot of energy to operate and more fuel is needed to be used at power stations to make quarters sustainable.

But what the heck, no one listens or cares about the environment anyway. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.