It's 2005, who still use film?

It's 2005, who still use film?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoelse

Oct 17, 2003
Same poll, just for fun :sticktong

ps: Jus click the poll since someone suggested it, no need post reply. Simple survey to see how the world has change. So dunno another "this is better, mine is good" thingy.

just sold off my 10D and revert back to film. My current shooting really doesn't warrant a DSLR.

Not sure who is like me???

Just off my 20D's and picked up a Nikon F6, so film only for me :)

I still have my slr. still shoot film for family pic esp on holidays

Work's time sensitive, hence digital.

Non timesensitive = film for quality and effects digital can NEVER rival.

Me Sildes user Forever :p

Nikon F TN & FM2 for b/w
EOS 30 for normal shooting

basically i see no reason for me to upgrade to digital.
I perfer to take my time to shoot :)

Slow & relax :)

Me shooting film on my Nikon FM2n (love the K screen!) and Canon EOS 888 (duh!). Digital with my Canon EOS 300D and Casio QV2940. :bsmilie:

mostly using digital but have been using film (mainly slides) on Yashica T5 too. would be getting another film slr to play soon.

This has very much blasted away the imagination that film is dead. It only proofed that there is a new format emerging from traditional photography.

Shoot mostly provia. Have Lumix LC1 in case I run out of film...

i use film for the kicks. digital for most of the time and for precious shots.

mechanical film cameras are cool...
but digital cameras are more practical and economical to use.

Cant vote yet (cos I have less then 50 posts) but I have just started shooting on film again (some colur negs, and more B&W soon). Hey maybe I'll setup my b&w darkroom again (need to buy new chemicals and a new set of printing filters)LOL

Have 3 Oly Om-1N bodies and one Oly OM-1 (completely mechaniical) and several Zuiko lenses. On occassion I will take my Nikon system for a spin - Nikkormat and Nikon FM.

Digital - not yet lah - the size of dslr and the plasic feel of it is just not for me...still one day I may have to switch :-(

F5user said:
digital can NEVER rival.

As the original thread starter stated, this was not meant to be a spitting contest, but since you started it.........

'Never' is a long time. I'll take a bet with you that mid-level digital SLR will surpass 35mm negative film image quality in 10 years or less. I'm talking dynamic range, resolution and colour fidelity, no quibbling about 'grain quality'. How about it? A case of fine Napa Valley Cabernet from you vs something of equivalent value from here in Singapore you like from me.....in March 2015.

Just because a digital image is different doesn't mean it is inferior.

dkw:
There is no need to step on F5user (that is to challenge his opinion), since it is not needed and uncalled for.

I started with a range finder film-camera, then a point&shot film camera (Fujifilm), then move to point&shot Digicam (Canon A70), then today... I got a Pentax MZ-6 from clubsnap fellow. Will check my first roll results later :D .

-joko-

I m still a film user..its more rewarding n exciting to use films...esp a newbie like me~..

Status
Not open for further replies.