It'll cost SGD 5.00 to visit Pinnacle@Duxton's Skybridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good,
I can't imagine my rooftop constantly used by guys with cameras.
Hopefully the $5 will slow them down :D

it's $5 but come national day or new year, it will be pack full of photographers!

any idea whats the operating hours?

Any guesses how long before the residents gets annoyed by a couple of loud mouth, serial littering, space hogging black sheeps and suggest the skybridge to be close and off limit to non residents? 6 months? 12 months? 24 months? :think:

Am I the only one slightly disturbed that the TNP image on page 4 which doesn't have a straight horizon? >.<

If I'm a resident, I rather not have any access to the public, even for $100 a pop. I cannot fathom our super over populated island been invaded by non residents fighting for lifts, views, noise etc.

Singaporeans usually do not think for others, always bulking at little details like why one must pay $5 to view a public estate. Think if hoards of residents, tourists visiting your kampong day in day out, its a nightmare staying there in the long run.

for those who r against openning it to public,
u might want to find out the composition of the resident there.

how many lucky singaporeans actually got the flats without just being a basic singaporean n nothing else?

they r enjoying a cheap flat for such location,
why can't the rest of singaporeans enjoy some fringe too?

its expected from the day of conception that there will be visitors,
owners should hv thought of that before buying.

why can't the rest of singaporeans enjoy some fringe too?
Simply because its a place of accommodation, a sanctuary for some, and not a tourist attraction?

Imagine waking up in the morning and starring at hordes of photographers at your corridor after opening your main door to fetch the newspaper.

For the over reacting ones, only the skywalk on the 50th storey is opened to public and it's capped at 200 per day so no, you won't meet over zealous photographers at your door steps when you collect the dailys.

An idea would be to have 1 or 2 specially designated express lifts directly linking the 1st and 50th floor. The initial design had a high speed glass life alongside the middle tower, but it wasn't built

For the over reacting ones, only the skywalk on the 50th storey is opened to public and it's capped at 200 per day so no, you won't meet over zealous photographers at your door steps when you collect the dailys.
It's simply a tongue-in-cheek remark as always, learn to lighten up will ya? ;p

Simply because its a place of accommodation, a sanctuary for some, and not a tourist attraction?
there are other things than just having people at your place.

they will bring their cars as well, i am not sure about the parking lots.. but i have personally experienced the pain of my family being unable to find a parking lot on certain days because the nearby office workers prefer to park in a public carpark near to their workplace.. probably cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.