..... it tells history

Yappy

May 30, 2004
.. I like this advertisement..

It ends.. "..........it doesn't just tell the time, it tells history."

Guess what?

It also rips your wallet :)

Google, etc, really make life easy. You cannot hide.........

Nazi branded watches? :)

It's Mao clock: :)

MaoWatch.gif

when you sell products, noting special, everyone also selling the same.

when you sell emotion, you have no competitors, you just price anyway you like it.

Rolex (why so afraid to say the brand?)
is correct in telling you that after you have paid for the new watch,
the money in your wallet is .........

history

Cartoon credit: superstock.com

SuperStock_1538R-46601.jpg

Rolex (why so afraid to say the brand?)
is correct in telling you that after you have paid for the new watch,
the money in your wallet is .........

history

Cartoon credit: superstock.com

SuperStock_1538R-46601.jpg

You paid for what you promote.

This is the power of advertisement!

Strange, I never like Rolex models (can't afford it anyway :bsmilie:).

However, Omega caught my eyes couple of times. This one for example
22430552104001-20.png

Also can't afford it. Gotta sell my flat and still need to top up a bit to buy. :(

Last edited:
Likewise, I never liked Rolex either. You're definitely buying a piece of history though... The movement, case, dial, basically everything is little changed since god knows when...

Omega Seamaster Ploprof... Wow.

Likewise, I never liked Rolex either. You're definitely buying a piece of history though... The movement, case, dial, basically everything is little changed since god knows when...

You're buying your own history.

"the day i went broke buying a rolex"

Well, if one want a really historical diver watch, go buy Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.

I have a USSR mech watch

but not working!

Strange, I never like Rolex models (can't afford it anyway :bsmilie:).

However, Omega caught my eyes couple of times. This one for example
22430552104001-20.png

Also can't afford it. Gotta sell my flat and still need to top up a bit to buy. :(

If you have spare cash... why not?

I have a friend working at Rolex. He told me when some foreigners, they clear the show case!

No right no wrongs la, to me it all lands on what emotions are invoked in u from the item.

Take the Rolex Oyster perpetual (model 1002) . I fell in love with it on 1st sight and after finding out it was the very first Oyster perpetual model ever made and how rare unadulterated, mint condition ones are, I spent almost half a year putting one together. ( I found a circa 1961's from a private collector's safe, original strap from an old antique shop in Bencoolen)

some will say its a pure waste of time and extreme show of stupidity, but to me; it meant owning a piece of history that will definitely be recognized by those in the know.

image.php

photo credit of williamricewatches.com

You should see how some people (from that country) buy LV in HKG. They buy whole collections of the brand's history ;)

No right no wrongs la, to me it all lands on what emotions are invoked in u from the item.

Take the Rolex Oyster perpetual (model 1002) . I fell in love with it on 1st sight and after finding out it was the very first Oyster perpetual model ever made and how rare unadulterated, mint condition ones are, I spent almost half a year putting one together. ( I found a circa 1961's from a private collector's safe, original strap from an old antique shop in Bencoolen)

some will say its a pure waste of time and extreme show of stupidity, but to me; it meant owning a piece of history that will definitely be recognized by those in the know.

You should see how some people (from that country) buy LV in HKG. They buy whole collections of the brand's history ;)

No right or wrong, but my wife says: U dare pickup watch collection hobby after photography, you're history... So, that's grey area, really. :bsmilie:

That watch has a classic clean look btw. Good choice.

Last edited:
No right or wrong, but my wife says: U dare pickup watch collection hobby after photography, you're history... So, that's grey area, really. :bsmilie:

That watch has a classic clean look btw. Good choice.

From your POV, she's history. And depending on your situation, it can be a good thing :bsmilie:

From your POV, she's history. And depending on your situation, it can be a good thing :bsmilie:

nope. I married under SG law, so making a history in "that way" will also render my other dreams history a.k.a. split in half?

Last edited: