It takes a Malaysian to stand up for Singapore photographers' rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was never stopped from taking photographs in any trains or stations till now. so far so good, i guess? perhaps mine is an isolated case or i simply don't look dangerous or that 'terrorible' to them.

or maybe simply because i looked too fierce, fat and simply spoiling for a fight. :bsmilie:

maybe the ground staff is over-zealous what with all the bombings and such... well, this only serves to tell me that S'pore is 'well-guarded' and 'well-protected' by the likes of the SMRT officer.

ahhh, a false sense of security...

p.s.
kenny sia must look really dangerous and a likely terrorist.:bsmilie:

But i took some picture at the MRT station and inside no one stop me leh...
Was walking up and down the whole station and the officer never even bother leh.

DSC_44922005-07-22_23-15-34.jpg

DSC_44842005-07-22_23-12-32.jpg

DSC_45012005-07-22_23-18-04.jpg

i was never stopped in any shopping mall, complex or train stations and the likes.

the only time where i was stopped, and i was really pissed with that, is at Wheelock Place. the security guard said, 'no photographs. no photographs.' and i happily carried on snapping till he came and waved at my lens. :bsmilie:

oh com'on! if not for the extremely pretty 'glass cone with light-bulbs' i wouldn't even give a hoot to photographing this shopping mall. :bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:
i was never stopped in any shopping mall, complex or train stations and the likes.

the only time where i was stopped, and i was really pissed with that, is at Wheelock Place. the security guard said, 'no photographs. no photographs.' and i happily carried on snapping till he came and waved at my lens. :bsmilie:

oh com'on! if not for the extremely pretty 'glass cone with light-bulbs' i wouldn't even give a hoot to photographing this shopping mall. :bsmilie:

I was piss off when i was stop and ask question when i took photo outside some police post at some hdb area... WTF do i want to take picture of Police post for what..rob the document, break in at night..:angry: :thumbsd:

Thanks for posting this up. Kenny is really interesting, the way he shared the account and coming up with his own newspaper headline and ear squat thingy. But most importantly, I respect his deep sense of principle to stand by what is right. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

soma said:
I was piss off when i was stop and ask question when i took photo outside some police post at some hdb area... WTF do i want to take picture of Police post for what..rob the document, break in at night..:angry: :thumbsd:
they believe u're a terrorist with plans to take over the world!!

*it's Pinky, it's Pinky, it's Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain.... BRAIN!*:bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:
they believe u're a terrorist with plans to take over the world!!

*it's Pinky, it's Pinky, it's Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain.... BRAIN!*:bsmilie:

Hahahaha... and start from the police post by breaking in and steal all the report so that they can't go out and settle dispute or find lost dogs and cats but to redo all the report again..for the next one month..:sticktong

Need more photographer to help on that.. any free photographer??(but no swee cha bo):bsmilie:

Its happen to me..i was testing a lens that i intend to buy from one of the cs member..without realising that someone call the smrt officer about me pointing my camera around the station..i wasn't shock nor did i realised on what i did hinder ppl..it happen not even 5 minutes of the testing...this not the first time..some time its make me feel uncomfortable..but life must go on..

but after explaining to the officer he lets us on, but ask us to hurry...i don know..photography is part of my bowl..sometime i got a kind of a looks from locals about me carrying a camera, which never happen before....perhaps it will happen one day that ppl of my race will have to carry a licence to have a camera..i don know:dunno:

but i lov my country u know ...

Well done to this Kenny from Malaysia, everyone who get stopped for shooting whatever they want to shoot should learn from him as to what to do - and something which I've been saying for a long time - that a lot of the time, these "security" people make up their own laws and rules!!

:thumbsup: stand up for yourself

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I salute you Kenny! I he wants to shoot for terrorising purposes he can always use the camera phone, moral of the story... read law and know your right...

If I am in a bad mood I might just call the police and the newspaper on behalf of the SMRTO and make sure the thing is reported on the newspaper. The SMRTO is obviously putting up a load of rubbish. If I am not wrong rules and regulation can be found on signboards at the station. Their website do not have rules and regulation posted.

I had done deals at MRT Stations, I had grabbed photos on MRTs, in stations, in tunnels. No harm done.

Wasn't approached by any policemen, nor any security staff. :)

THe point is, be discreet. I dun go humpin' around with a mama lens. I juz stand there and examine the scene, compose the image in my mind, den I pull out my camera and fire once. Do it once, do it good and I walk off.

There are never 2 photos dat are similiar.

I guess with the heightened security situation in mind, that's all we can do.

But its good. Train ur speed, ur foresight and ur judgement of light better. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.