IT shows, PC shows, Megatex etc

It doesn't make any sense to buy at the IT show or megatex. You are paying for the freebies that you cannot choose. Many had warned yet even many more refuse to believe. Facts and figures written and still could turn a blind eye thinking that it's good or good enough for newbie.

yeah tell that to my dad.. waiting a few days more, sacrificing the time going there knowing that it would not be the appropriate location. I will just be going there to prove him wrong by seeing the deals there.. rejecting it there and make another day to funan area to secure the better deal. I have been itching to take photos since I sold off my previous camera and its really stirring my stagnant layer of patience everyday..

yeah tell that to my dad.. waiting a few days more, sacrificing the time going there knowing that it would not be the appropriate location. I will just be going there to prove him wrong by seeing the deals there.. rejecting it there and make another day to funan area to secure the better deal. I have been itching to take photos since I sold off my previous camera and its really stirring my stagnant layer of patience everyday..

Tell your dad, if he can help you sell away the freebies (excluding the tripod, the bag and 1 memory card) @ $349 if you are buying a D7000, then go buy at megatex. Or else, just ask him for $349 more shopping budget on top of the camera purchase from Funan reputable shops for yourself to buy extra USEFUL stuff like a better camera bag and a sturdier tripod that you will need. In either case, he is spending the same amount of money. We are all helping him to save money and not to "buy" useless stuff. Please rethink harder on the concept of BUYING freebies (or more like forcing down your throat) which is not a very sound idea.

Best things to buy at IT show would be memory cards !!!

Thanks all CS bros. Just have to comply with my Dad for this such purchases that are out of my current budget. But I will keep in mind the prices and the freebies to snatch..

yukithesnowman said:
Thanks all CS bros. Just have to comply with my Dad for this such purchases that are out of my current budget. But I will keep in mind the prices and the freebies to snatch..

Just be prepared to face sone nagging when he realises he could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere :bsmilie:

Just be prepared to face sone nagging when he realises he could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere :bsmilie:

Lol its no point. The factor that I mainly lost is time and probably satisfaction of the process in obtaining the camera. He is just suggesting (strongly) to also consider the deal at Megatex, and try to negotiate to the price of those at funan, which is 90% chance of not happening.

yukithesnowman said:
Lol its no point. The factor that I mainly lost is time and probably satisfaction of the process in obtaining the camera. He is just suggesting (strongly) to also consider the deal at Megatex, and try to negotiate to the price of those at funan, which is 90% chance of not happening.

Haha bro i feel you dude. I experience the same stuff with my dad and bro at home

Just challenge him to buy at Megatex and you but another from the recommended shops then compare price :p

in this way, you will get a new main body + a new spare body as well :D

Just challenge him to buy at Megatex and you but another from the recommended shops then compare price :p

in this way, you will get a new main body + a new spare body as well :D

Haha TS already said that such purchases are out of his budget

Never hurts to try asking right? Hehe. Who knows his dad take up the challenge. Then he have two cam bodies liao. Then time to celebrate.

Last edited:
Haha TS already said that such purchases are out of his budget

Out of HIS budget, but probably not out of his Father's budget. But it never hurts to try :)

LOL! That is a wicked tactic, but I cant do it haha.. He is helping me already by giving me a boost to my financial need to purchase the camera early, then pay him back gradually. Not right making him feel double the pain. LOL

and to add the fact that he COULD choose not to help me and force me to work up the money myself and buy it like 5 months later.. LOL

LOL! That is a wicked tactic, but I cant do it haha.. He is helping me already by giving me a boost to my financial need to purchase the camera early, then pay him back gradually. Not right making him feel double the pain. LOL

1 time double pain to last the whole lifetime that Megatex is very likely not the best place to get cameras....the savings may go a long way? And also, saving up for 5 months then buy it is also a good idea also as it will also tell you that $ is not easy to earn and with that Hope that it will stop your BBB virus from going wild.

1 time double pain to last the whole lifetime that Megatex is very likely not the best place to get cameras....the savings may go a long way? And also, saving up for 5 months then buy it is also a good idea also as it will also tell you that $ is not easy to earn and with that Hope that it will stop your BBB virus from going wild.

But it wont be nice and it would set a bad impression on me.. the fact that my Dad chose to provide the other half of the price first is what I should be grateful. My BBB virus is running probably because I am in the process of changing camera system, and I do not have a camera with me now.

Then its time to visit the shops and buy it n start shooting. Lets hope the lens can last you till ur pockets is deep enough to allow you bbb to take effect. For many people, the pocket is never deep enough to satisfy the virus within then

Then its time to visit the shops and buy it n start shooting. Lets hope the lens can last you till ur pockets is deep enough to allow you bbb to take effect. For many people, the pocket is never deep enough to satisfy the virus within then

only after seeing the price at Megatex.. haha.. I understand your view, its common and I admit I will have this virus haunting me every now and then.. I have a few contacts, so maybe they can spare some lens for occasional use. :)

only after seeing the price at Megatex.. haha.. I understand your view, its common and I admit I will have this virus haunting me every now and then.. I have a few contacts, so maybe they can spare some lens for occasional use. :)
Photography requires patience. Not only in taking but learning and buying. No one can run before they could crawl. I know people hurry hurry buy the most expensive gear their father can buy (D3) and later hurry hurry sell away as their interest does not hold them.
You have waited many monthS to change. What is a few days... Best yet, you can do a mok buy by shopping around to check for the price and free gifts. At least you can use that as a reference for your dad on Friday. Good Luck.