IT Shows and Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahheng

Jan 20, 2002
bride.ru
http://www.infusion.moved.in/2005/11/of_it_shows_and_women.html

I seriously wonder wtf is the problem with the Singaporean IT community. It's like every single time there's an IT fair, the key consideration for these people are the girls working there. I was looking through the Hardwarezone Forums to see if it was worth my while going down to Sitex and as usual, there are threads asking the members to post pictures of the girls in the show. And when someone actually does post pictures, the guys there all start giving their ratings for these girls. It happens every single time there's an IT fair! Here are some cases in point. If you can't see my personal touches to the pictures, then click on the images to enlarge.

Personally I am severely offended on behalf of all the Clubsnappers who routinely post such pictures! I mean, if you guys need to **** off to these pictures, it's none of his **** business! :rolleyes:

Maybe the models do think those thoughts from time to time :bsmilie:

Can't deny that some of what he says is true.
Sometimes people can make really insensitive comments about the model and maybe it's worse at HWZ.

anyway, the second picture in the blog overexposes the fair-skinned model :bsmilie:

Then I really wonder the purpose of hiring the girls in the first place if that the person you quoted think otherwise.

Drudkh said:
Then I really wonder the purpose of hiring the girls in the first place if that the person you quoted think otherwise.

hmm some ppl need eye candy den can buy... me was otherwise... i know what i wan, i go i din even notice the girls there.. and most memorable one is the lexmark ger... she keep persuading me to buy, but i see the printer too bulky for the workstations in my office... she was ok lah, but just that she market the wrong product for me... else i'd give her the commission...

actually not only in singapore...there was an anti-showgirl campaign during cebit germany this year....cant find that article now...

there is a simple rule that overwrites everything....

SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!!

If I have some products to sell mainly to men, young pretty gals showing lots of skin would be most effective. Afterall, doesn't cost that much more to hire these models, when you compare with what you pay to put a reasonable size booth in the IT show or Auto show.

Some people feel very strongly about these photos of models in most sites, and definately they are very sexist :nono:. Even if there are no models at all, these IT / car shows, etc will still have many people, especially the guys. So what's the problem?
Think positively, actually these shows create a lot of $$$ to the female models and most of these models are part-timers and the money will come handy for their studies/expenses. :thumbsup: It's obvious that no one will actually buy the product based on which models they hired to promote. The girls are there only to create an atmosphere. Dare not to imagine when no one is interested to shoot or post such photos anymore .... it'll be like the end of the world. :angry:

Typically IT fairs are frequented by men. So, wad else is needed to make the guys go buy-buy-buy? ;)

There's a saying that guys have 2 heads. When one experiences a blood rush, the ability to think straight becomes secondary. :bsmilie:

How many of us would like to be served during an exhibition by handsome pretty boys raise your hand...

xtemujin said:
How many of us would like to be served during an exhibition by handsome pretty boys raise your hand...

Many females will want that. And many boys will want to serve too. :bsmilie: It works both ways. Life is like that. Opposites attract on most case. Yes, 'most' cases! :bsmilie:

BTW, what is handsome pretty boys? Pretty boys? :eek: If a pretty boy serve, i dunno.....but i dun mind guys serving me.

Status
Not open for further replies.