It show was a disaster!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i think, singaporean's population had really exploded.

i suspect there are already more then 5 million people physically in singapore. and looking at scenes like this, it only means singapore's infrastructure is simply lacking to keep up with the population!

Guess the best sellers are the printers, LCD TVs (37", 40", 42" ones) and gaming laptops.

Canon's promotion offer: Buy a EOS 40D/450D/1000D/50D and buy EF50mm F1.8mm lens at $50 only.

I wonder the shops inside Citylink will get increase sales or not??:dunno:

Sales jeopardized likely, except for sidewalk cafes, good seats for people watching.

actually i think, singaporean's population had really exploded.

i suspect there are already more then 5 million people physically in singapore. and looking at scenes like this, it only means singapore's infrastructure is simply lacking to keep up with the population!

But ..... still short of 60,000 births ... HahA :bsmilie:

I guess the problem is the increasing influx of foreigners into our country and the government cannot keep pace with it. There are lots of foreigners around me today... sometimes i do not feel that I am in SINGAPORE!! ;)

Crowd at the concourse (around 2pm)

itshow2009.jpg

When I left the scene at around 5pm, they have stopped people
going into the CitiLink from the Marina Square side. At the mid
point of the Citilink, policemen directed people going to Suntec
to use the ground routes.

At the City Hall MRT station, policemen stop people entering the
Citilink and directed the crowd to use the above ground routes.

This effectively make Citilink more or less a one-way traffic (from
Suntec to City Hall MRT).

:sweat:

ever since the last show at Suntec in aug 2008, i told myself never to go to Suntec Convention Centre for such a show. To walk along citylink and inhaling stinky breath, rubbing along side with sweaty people at a speed no faster than 1 meter per minute, being pushed around by some idiots who had no manners, i would hope to boycott Suntec convention hall.

The citylink is a disaster. The security at citylink only dared to stand at the two ends, smiling and giggling at the crowd, allowing people from each direction to push inwards. It can become so bad that some shops had to pull down shutters to prevent a stealing rampage or stampede.

Those idiots who manage citylink has totally zero understanding of what crowd control is.

There should be some form of human traffic control and even if they dont have the technologies or the budget to hire a student to count, they should have some cow sense to know what they are seeing at the CCTV. Indeed they have no clue this has happened again and again every time there is an IT show.

To all organisors, mall management, citylink management (whatever you are called), please understand the importance of crowd control. If an area is unable to accomodate a certain number of people, it is against the fire safety regulations to ignore the dangers of a possible human stampede. Its not funny as the people who might die from such a chaos may be their very own child or mother.

Last edited:
Suntec has always been a lousy location, they should move to EXPO !

From what I saw so far, the major bottlenecks are all the escalators. Too many people all trying to squeeze into a single escalator that can only take 2 persons for every steps.

I wonder the shops inside Citylink will get increase sales or not??:dunno:

most likely the sales dropped...most sane people would avoid the suntec/marina areas like plague this weekend...:bsmilie:

it was already crowded on thursday night after work.. and get progressively worst the next few days! time to move IT show to Expo!

Negative. Bigger ground will only invite more people who are there just to see and look. Yes reports and figures shows a rise in sales and earnings for the tenants but crowds could have been lesser with the same sales figure.

Expo is not bad but this year all levels at Suntect have been utilized for the event. Kill time activities in Singapore. Same for airshow and RSAF open houses :confused:

Negative. Bigger ground will only invite more people who are there just to see and look. Yes reports and figures shows a rise in sales and earnings for the tenants but crowds could have been lesser with the same sales figure.

Expo is not bad but this year all levels at Suntect have been utilized for the event. Kill time activities in Singapore. Same for airshow and RSAF open houses :confused:

maybe it shows that singaporeans are too bored during the weekend with nothing to do...perhaps things will improve after the 2 IRs are opened...;p

maybe it shows that singaporeans are too bored during the weekend with nothing to do...perhaps things will improve after the 2 IRs are opened...;p

More social problem will arise then.:confused:

The police intervened and shut off all traffic from City Hall MRT to Suntec via City Link. All pedestrian had to use ground level channels.

There are many other nationals at the IT show also and not just singaporeans. Don't forget, we have about 1 million non-singaporean in singapore.

not gonna attend another one. step on one of the brochure and nearly fall. :sweat:

went there noontime today and I was shocked by the amount of people going up the escalators...

3356324638_bd4fa15db8.jpg

inside the halls are the same as the previous IT shows... very crowded. :sweat:

look at the downward escalator.. they should have turned the direction of the escalator

or simply ask those coming out, to use the staircase... poor crowd management

if fire broke out, stampede sure strike!

raining in the afternoon, still can't dampen the shopper's mood :bsmilie:

If fire does break out, I will run for the loading and unloading bay and not down the escalator.

Singapore ways of handle things?

they only start to panic when bad things happen, or else they bo chap one..

It's a disaster waiting to happen but nothing will be done until that disaster happens.

The roads are jammed and it'll be difficult for rescue vehicle to come in.

If fire does break out, I will run for the loading and unloading bay and not down the escalator.

Status
Not open for further replies.