IT show dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhduh83

Feb 2, 2006
Hi,

Ive just bought a new dry cabinet from digihub at the IT show. Its the analogue type. Seems like having some problems. The manual says the recommended humidity should be ard 45%-55% however, the readings on the scale varies from 60-70% even after i push up the settings from M to L which stands for Med humidity and Low humidity. Question is low humidity means shd be less value right? How come its still so high at around 60-70%?? Anyone has the same problem or any ideas?

Thanks! :)

It does not work immediately. Must let it stabilize for maybe 24hrs without opening the door.
If after 24 hrs still high then better go call them up.

duhduh83 said:
Hi,

Ive just bought a new dry cabinet from digihub at the IT show. Its the analogue type. Seems like having some problems. The manual says the recommended humidity should be ard 45%-55% however, the readings on the scale varies from 60-70% even after i push up the settings from M to L which stands for Med humidity and Low humidity. Question is low humidity means shd be less value right? How come its still so high at around 60-70%?? Anyone has the same problem or any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Hmmm, thought if the % is high on the scale, you should set the knob to H and not L? This is to counteract the high humidity inside the cabinet no? I lost my manual. In any case, I set mine to between M & H and the reading is around 55%

Low humidity means the value shoots up mah, cos it means you're setting the humidity level there to counter the lower humidity, I think. Cos in my case, when i set the knob to M, the humidity meter seems to go up in % so I turn it slightly past the M setting towards H. Maybe your's is different so they label it differently.:dunno:

40 L analogue $110

H = low humidity??? issit??? i go try!!

DHC
40 - 187
60 - 214
80 - 268
100 - 322

AD
40 - 124
60 - 151
100 - 227

think Free trolley...

not sure if price has drop... this is the price as of the 1st day...

anyone care to update ??

Help help!!!! yesterday I adjusted to H and confirm H is high humidity....
so i set to between M and L and still today its 60% help!!!

I saw the digital meter 30L going for $88 yesterday.

duhduh83, give it awhile more and also yea put your stuff inside and see how it goes.

In my case since I lost my manual all I did was to see where the meter was and as long as it stays around 50% it's ok for me I guess. Note that each time you open the door, the meter goes up for awhile(could be a few hours even) depending on how long u open it for, even if for a few minutes. Well that's in my case lah. :lovegrin:

i noticed that there is a red light on when i set the humidity levels to somewhere around M, but when I push it to between M and H the red light goes off.... is this normal? Also, is there a way to calibrate the turning knob? Cos its like 55% now and the knob is closer to the L position. So it means that i have to turn max to L before the level goes to 40%??? Maybe the knob is not calibrated well.... i dunnoe..... anyway i have put my camera and stuff inside already but still its at 55%. someone help me please....

duhduh83 said:
i noticed that there is a red light on when i set the humidity levels to somewhere around M, but when I push it to between M and H the red light goes off.... is this normal? Also, is there a way to calibrate the turning knob? Cos its like 55% now and the knob is closer to the L position. So it means that i have to turn max to L before the level goes to 40%??? Maybe the knob is not calibrated well.... i dunnoe..... anyway i have put my camera and stuff inside already but still its at 55%. someone help me please....

Leave the amber light on for awhile, don't gan cheong.

Your box should come with a manual right? Have you read through it properly? I know it sounds dumb but in your eagerness to see it work you might have missed some points.

Anyways, as long as it stays between 40-55% you're ok lah, cannot always have optimum conditions one.

issit amber light or red light? so at H position the light supposed to be off la??? the manual didnt say anything much leh....

Mine is amber, yours could be red. Different brands of dry cabinets use different settings/colour bulbs etc. Your best bet is to consult your manual lah.

In my case as long as the needle is between 40-55% I am ok liao.

sigh the lousy manual never say anything loh.... haha
only two page nia..... no elaboration watsoever.... sad :confused:

yups...just leave it for few days.....it shld b fine....just leave the setting at M. Nxt time if u open the door for long the humidity will shoot up againz....then will drop by itself .... it's like Love....need time one haahahazz.

Light on means its running that is its drying the cabinet.
Once the humidity level is reach light should turn off.
This process will take some time maybe up to 24 hrs if u don open it.
If u keep opening the door it will never be stable.
Maybe u should set it to the Lowest and then take it from there.
(Coz its easier for humidity to go up then down)

duhduh83 said:

L means low RH. When you push to L(low), the RH will slowly drop to 40% or lesser, but this also depends on your RH% meter. If you got a crappy RH% meter, you will never get accurate RH value. Dun worry so much about that. You camera will be safe when you turn the knob to M(medium).

Status
Not open for further replies.