IT SHOW deals

S2Glow

Nov 23, 2011
To all experienced people who have buy camera and lenses.

i have heard from some people that IT show deal is not good but i have heard another story that IT show deal is good
so what should i do to see which deal is better because i am planning to get a camera for videography and lens but i want to get the best price so i can save money ( i am a youth no money :( ) .

thanks! and can i ask the promoter to slash the camera price a bit on last day on IT show ?

To all experienced people who have buy camera and lenses.

i have heard from some people that IT show deal is not good but i have heard another story that IT show deal is good
so what should i do to see which deal is better because i am planning to get a camera for videography and lens but i want to get the best price so i can save money ( i am a youth no money :( ) .

thanks! and can i ask the promoter to slash the camera price a bit on last day on IT show ?
subjective.. some may think its good ..some may not. it really depends.
For me.. i will not buy at IT show.. because i dont like the crowd.
bargain/slash price? not sure..sorry..

shows and fairs are only good if they are clearing stock of an old model camera.

Or else you can try your luck by going during the last hour on the last day, I once got lucky when I got a really good deal. I suspect that they didn't hit their sales target and desperate to make some last min sales.

Either that or they hope to clear as much stock as they can so they don't have to bring it back to the store again

but last min sale doesn't alway happen, it's all about luck

nah, things are IT shows are sold at RRP.

you can get it cheaper from authorised dealers and without the useless freebies.

Why don't you walk around at Funan and ask for quoting first and then compare during the it show, if it show better just buy there, if not you can always go back to the shop and buy

Last edited:
Okay i am getting a canon 600D ( Dont know if its good for money but i am doing videography most of the time + outdoor video and people say canon
is good for outdoor videography so yeah my budget is $1600+ , hoping to get a Kit 2 ( hopefully the price drop down :( , cause i saw the last it show deal is 1699 ) and i want to get the extended promotion by buying the lens ef 50mm f1.8 which is 89 ( hopefully drop too ) =P .

so yeah i am really confuse ,

should i really asked for deals on funan or sim lim or it show?

which is better cause i think the promotion lens is attractive. hmmm! @@

so old model = 600D ? , i am getting 600D , i think that the ef50mm 1.8 promotion is attractive , i think the price of 600D will drop from the last it show though not sure and yeah my budget is 1600+ , hoping to get a kit 2. so going funan or sim lim compare first better ? cause i scared i might not get a cheaper deal which result in waste of time lol

Once at those smaller fair, the sale person telling another customer that price of camera same at all place, wont drop one blah blah, but we give more free gift compare to others blah blah blah. But in fact can get at a cheaper price at other shop.
they just give more free gift, depend what u think is it worth. Think the most worth gift is original battery
For me prefer go shop, can slowly view n "touch" them. Dun have to crowd ard also.

Last edited:
Its depends actually. How good will a Good Deal be?

From what I seen and heard and experienced 1st hand, I would personally avoid IT Shows. They give freebies, yes, but how good or useful that freebies is to you?

Last year, I went down to the fair to see see look look as my friend need advise on DSLR purchase. After consideration, my friend end up heading to reputable camera shop and he got a better deal... cheaper than RRP, and Better freebies :))

Remember, it's an IT FAIR, not a CAMERA FAIR.

Usually, LCD TVs and some IT gadgets like video cards will have good deals.

Cameras? Nope, you pay full RRP and get useless or only so-so freebies.

Last edited:
so conclusion is to go check reputable shop is the best ? , which 2 or 3 reputable shop IS THE BEST in your opinion? i want to get a dslr this week. cant wait already

so conclusion is to go check reputable shop is the best ? , which 2 or 3 reputable shop IS THE BEST in your opinion? i want to get a dslr this week. cant wait already

We have a priceguide section lor...

We have a priceguide section lor...

i know , so many shop =.=" somemore price not really updated , i dont know , i scared paiseh , keep ask ask then never buy O_O like guai lan , ask 30min+ question then never buy @@ , what should i do when i go to those shop? ask for price first or what? lol

thanks for helping ! XD

i know , so many shop =.=" somemore price not really updated , i dont know , i scared paiseh , keep ask ask then never buy O_O like guai lan , ask 30min+ question then never buy @@ , what should i do when i go to those shop? ask for price first or what? lol

thanks for helping ! XD

Always ask for price... I would say my top 3 are:

1. SLR Revo
2. MS Color (ask for Florence, chit chat, sure got good price)
3. Cathay (if you want a good price, you MUST get an e-quote first)

Memory cards might be cheaper during shows. Lowepro bags from Cathay has discount (not sure if it's cheaper than the actual shope or other stores).
MAHA charger is cheaper during IT show. I think that's about it that are related to camera equipments.

Memory cards might be cheaper during shows. Lowepro bags from Cathay has discount (not sure if it's cheaper than the actual shope or other stores).
MAHA charger is cheaper during IT show. I think that's about it that are related to camera equipments.

thanks but i am looking for good camera deal

Always ask for price... I would say my top 3 are:

1. SLR Revo
2. MS Color (ask for Florence, chit chat, sure got good price)
3. Cathay (if you want a good price, you MUST get an e-quote first)

chit chat what? sorry for dumb question but how to start a chat ? like when florence come already i say hi , looking for camera? or straight ask price? lol
whats e-quote and how to get e-quote? lol sorry for dumb question

but i am sure alot of people will be looking at this thread because of upcoming IT show so thanks for helping !!!!!!!!! ^_^

chit chat what? sorry for dumb question but how to start a chat ? like when florence come already i say hi , looking for camera? or straight ask price? lol
whats e-quote and how to get e-quote? lol sorry for dumb question

but i am sure alot of people will be looking at this thread because of upcoming IT show so thanks for helping !!!!!!!!! ^_^

An e-quote, or electronic quote, is when you send an email to them.

Here's a BIG hint:

1. Go to the cathay photo website:
Cathay Photo | Sharply focused on meeting your needs...

2. Click on "Contacts"

3. Send them an email asking for a price of the specific product you are interested in.

As for the IT show, threads like yours come up every 3 months, whenever there is sitex/comex/pc show/it show etc. Nothing new here, and you could have searched for "sitex" and gotten the exact same answers from 2010, 2009, 2008, etc

done! i send e-quotes for all the reputable shop, thanks for the valuable help ^^!

done! i send e-quotes for all the reputable shop, thanks for the valuable help ^^!

Like I said, only Cathay needs an e-quote. SLR revo and MS Color, walk in.