IT Show 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anson

Jul 31, 2006
ansonchew.com
www.ansonchew.com
This was my "candid" shot taken in the IT Show 2008, the model was posing on stage for the MC during a demonstration of Sony's "smile-shutter".

Shots were taken on FZ50 with a FL36 (ISO=100), Aperture priority, with a focus length of about 200mm (35mm equivalent).

2325893657_26503a5d52_o.jpg

Constructive comments are welcomed

You didn't get their phone numbers??? ;)

Just kidding. Critique-wise, I feel it looks too much like a casual snapshot. Nothing special. The catchlights in their eyes is not nice, looks like sharpening artifacts and slightly over-exposed.

Thanks for the comment, I agree the catchlights on the eyes is not good as the models are on the stage & I am below.

Any suggestions on how I could make do better on this shot?

Try to make it a more full-body or half-body shot, cropping to only show their faces does not work in this case.

Thanks for the tip.

Actually I did took a half-body shot before this, but wanted to try a close-up shot. Hence I zoomed to show only the facial expression. Look like it is an attempt to bold.

The skin is too smooth. Looks like airbrush painting instead. Must tone down abit.

I love Panasonic.. I have the FZ5 but I gave it to my 5 yr old son. :D

That the beauty of Make-up..... :)

or the beauty of digital make up? if so it isnt properly executed.

processing for people like all other subjects should bear in mind the result compared to reality, is it for a surreal purpose or nice colours yet realistic enough intentions.

this is creating barbie dolls with plastic faces.

getting the composition like mentioned by others, is more important here. no point having so much effort making the subject go through digital plastic sugery yet everything else is a mess.

eye contact will be a bonus but of course given this situation is pretty much unpredictable. include abit of their neck and shoulders. go alittle wider because the viewer after looking at two plastic faces, have nothing else to see. they simply get bored of the picture.

just my 2cts :D

or the beauty of digital make up? if so it isnt properly executed.

processing for people like all other subjects should bear in mind the result compared to reality, is it for a surreal purpose or nice colours yet realistic enough intentions.

this is creating barbie dolls with plastic faces.

getting the composition like mentioned by others, is more important here. no point having so much effort making the subject go through digital plastic sugery yet everything else is a mess.

eye contact will be a bonus but of course given this situation is pretty much unpredictable. include abit of their neck and shoulders. go alittle wider because the viewer after looking at two plastic faces, have nothing else to see. they simply get bored of the picture.

just my 2cts :D

Thanks for the enlightening comment, for this photo beside resize & sharpen there was no further digital touch-up.

Come to think of it, I did not give the composition much thought when I took this "close-up" photo. I was too focus in catching the expression on the models' face. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.