IT Show 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

alastdin

Feb 18, 2004
CCK, Singapore
Anyone been to the show that opened today?

Can share with fellow CS members any good deals you came across?

:thumbsup:

except for some new bundles, the rest is same old same old.. nothing that u can't get from SLS, prices $10~ diff... I think finally the sex-sells is getting old.. no one stalked the camera girls for pictures :)
HP had the largest humongous displays, PCs (office HP and home Compaq), cameras, printers, etc.

denizenx said:
except for some new bundles, the rest is same old same old.. nothing that u can't get from SLS, prices $10~ diff... I think finally the sex-sells is getting old.. no one stalked the camera girls for pictures :)
HP had the largest humongous displays, PCs (office HP and home Compaq), cameras, printers, etc.

still early, the stalkers are waiting for friday and saturday. hehehehe :bsmilie:

HelmetBox said:
still early, the stalkers are waiting for friday and saturday. hehehehe :bsmilie:

Oops! I am going down on sat :sweatsm: But then, still thinking whether to bring along my camera or not cos really hate the sat crowd and I am going down to the fish show at expo somemore :dunno:

denizenx said:
I think finally the sex-sells is getting old.. no one stalked the camera girls for pictures :)

Or maybe because, the girls this time round is not worth stalking or that they are the same ones in previous shows and every one is tired of seeing the same faces each time.
:dunno:

I was very disappointed at those "camera girls" :dunno: Maybe just me.

tomshen said:
I was very disappointed at those "camera girls" :dunno: Maybe just me.

either they cut costs and engage those "disappointed camera girls". maybe also the itshow is like pasar malan, so crowded and not much class compared to maybe the photoshow, so be patience and wait for the girls to appear in the next photoshow, and also most probably the autoshow.
i also didn't notice any camera girl that is outstanding, not like the previous show.

denizenx said:

Sorry to OT, but i never heard of this word, "humongous"..... :dunno:
check with my Oxford and Chambers also no such word leh... :dunno:

what do you mean?

lauLEE said:
Sorry to OT, but i never heard of this word, "humongous"..... :dunno:
check with my Oxford and Chambers also no such word leh... :dunno:

what do you mean?

lauLEE, the British English dictionaries do not have the word because it's an American word. ;)

Humongous means big or huge.

http://www.quinion.com/words/weirdwords/ww-hum2.htm

lauLEE said:
either they cut costs and engage those "disappointed camera girls". maybe also the itshow is like pasar malan, so crowded and not much class compared to maybe the photoshow, so be patience and wait for the girls to appear in the next photoshow, and also most probably the autoshow.
i also didn't notice any camera girl that is outstanding, not like the previous show.

When is the next photo show by the way.....? :)

Saw from hwz the canon S830 printer is going at $169,last time $699.
anyone using it?
might get one there on sun.

Quite surprising and was not really sure whether would it ever happen, but it did.

CANON HAS A DISPLAY OF THE NEW CANON EOS 1D MARK II

It is located at the front of where all the canon cameras are displayed. Of course there is no way to try that camera out. The representative there would give plenty of reasons why they are not allowing the public to test the camera out.

But it does look like the regular EOS 1D.

300D kit is selling with the 55-200 lens for $2288, me thinks. there're some memory bundled too.

D70 is selling for $2288 with the kit lens + a host of other freebies.

There're good bargains for card readers too. I bought a USB2.0 6-in-1 reader for $23. There could be cheaper ones around.

lauLEE said:

i did notice some ladies there that look either nice,sweet or cute..my preference though...

booths like Orite, samsungLCD,warehouse direct,computer supplies and clinic,olympus and this girl promoting canon ixus i

not bad leh... :embrass:

mpenza said:
There're good bargains for card readers too. I bought a USB2.0 6-in-1 reader for $23. There could be cheaper ones around.

That sounds like a great deal. Which booth did you get it from huh? :dunno:

mpenza said:
One of those that sell cdroms I think, near the middle. shop's name is ATF Multimedia.

Hmm... along the mini Sim Lim at the show is it? :D
Anyway, would drop by tomorrow to leave more drool on the glass cabinet (housing 1D MkII), and to get the card reader. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.