IT Question/Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgbyte77

Mar 27, 2005
Singapore
Anyone here in IT industry? What do you think would come first? User Acceptance Testing or User Manual (this means screen design cannot change anymore).

I think UAT should be first but my IT boss think User Manual first to minimize additional changes. What do you think?

usually should be user acceptance testing... if you follow the proper paperwork, you should have gotten the customer/user to sign off on the document. Whats the point of preparing a user manual if it fails UAT anyway...

Besides, if the user wanted to change screens, make them sign a change request and roll the deadline back... so far in projects, customers like to ask for changes on a whim, and a formal process usually make them think twice... hee hee

UAT first. After signoff, any changes should go through a change management process.

if resources permit, documentation should still do concurrently lah but never give to customer until UAT is signed off.

Thanks for the confirmation... I guess the higher your position, the less oxygen up there.
I need a new job.

Virgo said:
Definitely UAT first lah...how to have manual first if there WILL BE changes after that?
Exactly... but I don't blame your boss... he has to go for brain removal surgery before they are promoted.. it's always the case. :bsmilie:

UAT should come first. There will be changes after that. Once finalised and user sign off then documentation should follow. Anyway the higher you are in the organization the less oxygen you will get thus making your brain malfunction. This is true in my company.

This is true in all companies... his boss obviously doesn't understand what's the meaning of UAT. :bsmilie:

espn said:
This is true in all companies... his boss obviously doesn't understand what's the meaning of UAT. :bsmilie:
You got that right. Eh my boss also like that. I argue until siow. He die die want to do his way. When problems arise then it is my problem.

jbma said:
You got that right. Eh my boss also like that. I argue until siow. He die die want to do his way. When problems arise then it is my problem.
Been there, done that, I can understand your pain :bsmilie:

espn said:
Been there, done that, I can understand your pain :bsmilie:

all sound too familiar... SSDD..

"..Remember that what's right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right.."

jbma said:

Exactly! My new manager micromanage everything down to the tables and fieldnames when he can't even distinguish tables from chairs if both have 4 legs. His objective is to complete the system as fast as possible with no delays so his solution is to skip UAT altogether (I violently insist UAT and user input is somewhat important) ... everyday is drama day :cry:

Mental note: annual bonus >> chinese new year holidays >> new job with more girls in the office

Status
Not open for further replies.