it not tripod or monopod, but string pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
thks for sharing... tat method has been ard for a very long time, i've been using this method instead of a monopod especially when i need to travel light. best of all u can actually DIY this system relatively cheap.

Quite an interesting idea... just need to figure out how to use that. :)

Quite an interesting idea... just need to figure out how to use that. :)

after securing the system all u need to do is step on the rope to create enuff pulling tension.

after securing the system all u need to do is step on the rope to create enuff pulling tension.

Yeah, I got that. I meant this is quite a good idea if i am travelling... but i just suddenly tot what if i sneezed and breathe and the camera just moved :think:

don't worry about me, i am just being silly.

wow great stuff. reminds me of using the rifle strap to stabilize the M16. great stuff! :)

I think it can be further improve by having a neck strap on the camera, and pull away from the neck to create another tension point, then it will have 3 points support, still not as solid as tripod though. :think:

The string may use detachable hood for easy diassemble and storage?

But where to find these stuff though, art friend? :sweat:

Dennis, what I used in the past, much like a rifle sling is a long neck strap passed round my left wrist and all the way around the back of my right elbow. I'm right-handed. When set to the correct tension (the biggest problem), the triangulation provides lateral stability, and I 'crouch' my entire upper body 'into' my chest while leaning against something for a bit more horizontal stability. This would not work well with neoprene or stretchable straps though.

below are examples of how you can use a cheap and small flash bracket for additional camera support.

rest the bracket on left shoulder.
flash_bracket_1.jpg

using the flash bracket as "L-pod".
flash_bracket_2.jpg

by the way, what is the thread size of the tripod socket holes? any standard? can i find any screw that match?

Status
Not open for further replies.