It is the year of the rooster, so where is best chicken rice in sg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonfire

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I love the chicken rice at marine parade hawker centre! ;p

bonfire said:
I love the chicken rice at marine parade hawker centre! ;p

There was this lasting "talk" abt the famed Mandrian Hotel's chicken rice, though I have not tasted it and I can imagine how much it costs...lol

A lot of media attention on the "Tian Tian" Chicken Rice in Maxell Food Center (damn long queue during lunch time), but personally, I find the one oppo it to be equally as good, only no publicity.

Suntec City Carrefour chicken rice. :bsmilie:
Cheap and good. :thumbsup:

Rooster here. Pls don't catch me. :bsmilie:

You should go and try Leong Yew chicken rice at Waterloo Street hawker n market, or you can also try Tiong Bahru boneless chicken rice in Smith Street Chinatown, a few steps from CK Department store. :thumbsup:

Chatter box in Mandarin hotel, is the most expensive CR in Singapore, around $20, but the quality and taste i just can say so so ..... not worth the value. :)

Winston said:
There was this lasting "talk" abt the famed Mandrian Hotel's chicken rice, though I have not tasted it and I can imagine how much it costs...lol

It's lousy. :thumbsd:

ever since the chicken rice stall in the coffeeshop at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 blk 407 (near the busstop) closed down many years back, i have not tasted any chicken rice that came close or surpass their standard :( not sure if anyone else tasted it

CaeSiuM said:
Wee Nam Kee @ Upper Thomson Road. It's pretty near Novena Square.

This is the kampong chicken rice stall? Heard it is slaughter less than 2 hrs and cook.

plinius said:
文东记! :thumbsup:

I think boon tong kee is over-rated, they use frozen chicken.. not that fantastic and quite expensive.

heh...guess one's person meat is another person's poison....

chatswood said:
I think boon tong kee is over-rated, they use frozen chicken.. not that fantastic and quite expensive.

how abt Sing Ho chicken rice near Sunshine plaza???? (middle road-beside rochor beancurd)

personally feel that it is nice...and not that pricey...but though it is a bit out of the way.... :)

Kim Dong Moon said:
You should go and try Leong Yew chicken rice at Waterloo Street hawker n market

the one on the 2/3rd floor? old school chicken rice?? that's fabulous!! its very nice!
:thumbsup:

has anyone tried the 5 Star Chicken Rice on River Valley ? (its 2 shops away from Boon Tong Kee). They have regular chicken and free range as well.
I think its quite nice.
I've tried the Mandarin Hotel Chicken Rice, it tastes about the same as Boon Tong Kee's (i.e. not spectacular, but ok).
Cost ? Quite high. SGD8 or more I think...

i think they have branch at East Coast/Katong area too...

iwicaks said:
has anyone tried the 5 Star Chicken Rice on River Valley ? (its 2 shops away from Boon Tong Kee). They have regular chicken and free range as well.
I think its quite nice.
I've tried the Mandarin Hotel Chicken Rice, it tastes about the same as Boon Tong Kee's (i.e. not spectacular, but ok).
Cost ? Quite high. SGD8 or more I think...

In Saudi Arabia now, all these talks about chicken rice make me miss Singapore food man... :cry:

Anyway, no best chicken rice (one man's meat is another man's poison), but my favourites are:

a. 5 star chicken rice at River Valley
b. The one opposite Novena Ctr (forget the name liao)
c. The one beside Hotel 81 (Chinatown)
d. Chuen Chuen Chicken Rice (near Beach Road)
e. ....

Have a great chicken-rice eating weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.