It is confirmed: Jet Li is now a S'porean citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bought a $20mil bunglow in Bukit Timah. If I see pple loitering ard that area with a 300mm, I'll know why. :)

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20090618-149333.html

I guess after the asian financial crisis in 1997 which HK takes a big hit, followed by the global financial crisis this year which US is in bad shape. Singapore makes a good base for him to park his money at least for the next 5-10 years, enough for his daughters to complete high school. This guy is not all brawn, he got brains.

Last edited:
Yea, I find Singaporeans are always the ones getting shortchanged. Defend the country for other people to come and stay here. and get citizenship some more.

Walao. When you say it like that, I think that I want to go to Singapore less but maybe that will make you happy, bro.

Feel sorry for Jet Li. If he is asked to defend S'pore, maybe no one will give him a gun and he'll have to have a camera rolling.

Seriously, whichever you decide is fine with me :) Its your own personal decision dude.

For the Jet Li case, he won't get a gun because he won't be asked to defend Singapore.

Walao. When you say it like that, I think that I want to go to Singapore less but maybe that will make you happy, bro.

Feel sorry for Jet Li. If he is asked to defend S'pore, maybe no one will give him a gun and he'll have to have a camera rolling.

Jet Li, to me, is the asian Chuck Norris.

he doesn't need no gun.

round house kicks will do. that's if the invading armies do not cower in fear from the awesome presence that is Jet Li.

although in a straight fight, Chuck Norris > Godzilla > Jet Li.

kthxbai.

he doesn't need no gun.

round house kicks will do. that's if the invading armies do not cower in fear from the awesome presence that is Jet Li.

kthxbai.

Jean Claude Van Damme ownz Chuck.

Nobody does the splitz like he does...

Seriously, I am more interested to know that Nina Li is in Singapore. You know how hot she is in the early 90s.

If her daughters takes to her genes :bigeyes::bigeyes:.....lol

If I had money like Jet Li, I would love to stay in Singapore too.

Efficient system, extremely safe. Clean air and water. Central air transport hub to anywhere in the world. Reasonably close to emerging world centres like China and India, with quality education and medical facilities. No paparazzi. Best counter-terrorist/ security system in the region, top notch (arguably) defence force in South East Asia. Non Earthquake/ typhoon/ drought/ pestilence/ disease prone zone. Well built drainage system- you wont get New Orleans here. No disruption to system due to strikes, demonstrations, much less riots. Great entertainment at Esplanade, world class plays, great food, excelelnt entertainment.

And because he's a new citizen, no NS hassles, no RT (although I am sure he would never fail his IPPT), no manning, no mob, no 3 week reservist away from your family and work, no 2 year service to the nation. CPF is a non issue. ERP is trivial, GST non consequential. No worries about competition with foreign talent (hey he is one). He wont need to worry about CPF annuity, or moving to JB for his retirement home (singapore IS his retirement home), no problems with meeting healthcare needs, or means testing.

If I were Jet, I would migrate to Singapore too ;)

will he buy a camera and then report to the newbies section ..

Yep. Agree. I think he has made the right choice. If I were him, I will choose Singapore too. It's a country for the rich.

If I had money like Jet Li, I would love to stay in Singapore too.

Efficient system, extremely safe. Clean air and water. Central air transport hub to anywhere in the world. Reasonably close to emerging world centres like China and India, with quality education and medical facilities. No paparazzi. Best counter-terrorist/ security system in the region, top notch (arguably) defence force in South East Asia. Non Earthquake/ typhoon/ drought/ pestilence/ disease prone zone. Well built drainage system- you wont get New Orleans here. No disruption to system due to strikes, demonstrations, much less riots. Great entertainment at Esplanade, world class plays, great food, excelelnt entertainment.

And because he's a new citizen, no NS hassles, no RT (although I am sure he would never fail his IPPT), no manning, no mob, no 3 week reservist away from your family and work, no 2 year service to the nation. CPF is a non issue. ERP is trivial, GST non consequential. No worries about competition with foreign talent (hey he is one). He wont need to worry about CPF annuity, or moving to JB for his retirement home (singapore IS his retirement home), no problems with meeting healthcare needs, or means testing.

If I were Jet, I would migrate to Singapore too ;)

For the Jet Li case, he won't get a gun because he won't be asked to defend Singapore.

he doesn't need no gun.

kthxbai.

he is jet, he will just take off anytime, no guns needed.

Yes he jet off with all his belonging and we local born Singaporeans stay on to defend Singapore

But Jet is different from most I guess. He come and set up some charitable foundation leh.

Many peoples eg TT Dariun, Ming Yi do great charity work.

Twice.

World War II - Singapore volunteers and the brave RI NCC boys who were slaughtered.

Konfrontasi with Indonesia. Some 1 & 2 SIR troops were deployed.

But that's not the point. The point is that the NS boys burn the weekends and go all the cleanup work, they get to watch the NDP fireworks from their penthouse suites. I just love Singapore. ;)

Lets say gongli, jet li, chow yun fatt, each has 3 triplets in Singapore.

Then we will begin to see many versions of the same star.

This is better than Hollywood. I would love to retire in Singapore then despite the calling for us to go JB to retire.

Too bad Gongli and Mrs Chow dun make babies, even they have babies, their offspring may have either positive or negative version so it is too early to say better than Hollywood.
You can retire to stay in other countries and at same time remain loyal to Singapore.
Chinese saying “身在曹营,心在汉营。

Do you know they were classmates? There is a third one who made millions, too. haha, its a secret!!!

I dun care who are classmates and dun even want to know who is the third, I just stop donation.

How many times has Singapore been attacked and been defended by locally-born Singaporeans?

Twice.

World War II - Singapore volunteers and the brave RI NCC boys who were slaughtered.

Konfrontasi with Indonesia. Some 1 & 2 SIR troops were deployed.

But that's not the point. The point is that the NS boys burn the weekends and go all the cleanup work, they get to watch the NDP fireworks from their penthouse suites. I just love Singapore. ;)

There is not chance to prove SAF efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.