It is an offence to leave engine idling

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
with regards to Today pg 33...

Offence to leave Engine Idling

quoted : " Drivers should turn off their engines when vehicles are stationary. Motorists should not leave their engines idling unnecessarily as such an inconsiderate act produces pollution and wastes fuel.. "

"It is an offence under the Environmental Pollution Control. NEA will take enforcement action against drivers who insist on flouting the legislation."

catchlights said:
they should go and see what most taxi drivers do....

yea.. engine still on when they pumping disesl somemore..

catchlights said:
they should go and see what most taxi drivers do....
Catchlights, pls clear your PM, got job for you.

2100 said:
Catchlights, pls clear your PM, got job for you.

wa... Off Topic leh.. :bsmilie:

philliptan said:
Red light I oso off my n-jean...

wa.. how abt drive thru ?? :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Wah, sori sori, please email me catchlights at gmail dot com

thank you thank you.

haha... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

philliptan said:
Oso must! No $$ to pay fine lah.

fine ?? wait 'chong gong' ur car ah.. :sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

you guys might not believe it.. but diesel engines are more environmentally friendly than petrol. The emissions are less toxic than petrol engines.

The reason why most ppl think diesel engines are 'dirtier' is becos diesel builds up carbon easily and thus releases black smoke. This is mainly due to the lack of maintenance on the owner's part. With regular maintenance and oil change, black smoke shouldn't be a problem.

And when everyone sees black smoke :nono: bad for health. But when petrol cars release invisible suplur gases, carbon dioxide, etc,etc.. :cool: cannot see means must be good. :bsmilie:

switching on and off your engine actually uses ALOT of patrol .. so idling your engine might actually be more cost efficient for your car.. of course depending on how long you are going to be idle

trlnlty said:
switching on and off your engine actually uses ALOT of patrol .. so idling your engine might actually be more cost efficient for your car.. of course depending on how long you are going to be idle

any waiting for more than 5 mins, i switch off the engine.

k3nn3th03 said:
yea.. engine still on when they pumping disesl somemore..

I dun know got such a thing leh... So patrol engine can a not? Diesel cars better for the enviroment meh?

yanyewkay said:
you guys might not believe it.. but diesel engines are more environmentally friendly than petrol. The emissions are less toxic than petrol engines.

The reason why most ppl think diesel engines are 'dirtier' is becos diesel builds up carbon easily and thus releases black smoke. This is mainly due to the lack of maintenance on the owner's part. With regular maintenance and oil change, black smoke shouldn't be a problem.

And when everyone sees black smoke :nono: bad for health. But when petrol cars release invisible suplur gases, carbon dioxide, etc,etc.. :cool: cannot see means must be good. :bsmilie:

Actually, both diesel and petrol exhaust are equally bad. Diesel exhaust has less volatile unburnt chemicals compared to petrol, but diesel fuel release more particulate matters. The black smoke occurs because the particles have clumped together. Both irritate human organs in the same way, so doesn't really make a difference.

Given that the mileage for diesel engine these days are so high, maybe we should consider switching to diesel cars.

k3nn3th03 said:
with regards to Today pg 33...

Offence to leave Engine Idling

quoted : " Drivers should turn off their engines when vehicles are stationary. Motorists should not leave their engines idling unnecessarily as such an inconsiderate act produces pollution and wastes fuel.. "

"It is an offence under the Environmental Pollution Control. NEA will take enforcement action against drivers who insist on flouting the legislation."

I would said YES . it is an offence in the PORT.

Rational is that the driver should not leave the engine running un-attended. If the driver is there and need to wait for a long time .. I see no harm turning off the engine to save our environment .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.