It is an offence to leave engine idling


Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#1
with regards to Today pg 33...

Offence to leave Engine Idling

quoted : " Drivers should turn off their engines when vehicles are stationary. Motorists should not leave their engines idling unnecessarily as such an inconsiderate act produces pollution and wastes fuel.. "

"It is an offence under the Environmental Pollution Control. NEA will take enforcement action against drivers who insist on flouting the legislation."
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#5
catchlights said:
they should go and see what most taxi drivers do....
yea.. engine still on when they pumping disesl somemore..
 

2100

Senior Member
Mar 3, 2004
3,591
0
0
48
#6
catchlights said:
they should go and see what most taxi drivers do....
Catchlights, pls clear your PM, got job for you.
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#13
catchlights said:
Wah, sori sori, please email me catchlights at gmail dot com

thank you thank you.
haha... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#14
philliptan said:
Oso must! No $$ to pay fine lah.
fine ?? wait 'chong gong' ur car ah.. :sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#15
you guys might not believe it.. but diesel engines are more environmentally friendly than petrol. The emissions are less toxic than petrol engines.

The reason why most ppl think diesel engines are 'dirtier' is becos diesel builds up carbon easily and thus releases black smoke. This is mainly due to the lack of maintenance on the owner's part. With regular maintenance and oil change, black smoke shouldn't be a problem.

And when everyone sees black smoke :nono: bad for health. But when petrol cars release invisible suplur gases, carbon dioxide, etc,etc.. :cool: cannot see means must be good. :bsmilie:
 

trlnlty

New Member
Mar 22, 2005
476
0
0
#16
switching on and off your engine actually uses ALOT of patrol .. so idling your engine might actually be more cost efficient for your car.. of course depending on how long you are going to be idle
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
0
Visit site
#17
trlnlty said:
switching on and off your engine actually uses ALOT of patrol .. so idling your engine might actually be more cost efficient for your car.. of course depending on how long you are going to be idle
any waiting for more than 5 mins, i switch off the engine.
 

wrx_sti_22b

Senior Member
Apr 14, 2005
4,968
2
38
42
Compassvale Lane
#18
k3nn3th03 said:
yea.. engine still on when they pumping disesl somemore..
I dun know got such a thing leh... So patrol engine can a not? Diesel cars better for the enviroment meh?
 

Prismatic

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,323
0
36
38
In the void.
Visit site
#19
yanyewkay said:
you guys might not believe it.. but diesel engines are more environmentally friendly than petrol. The emissions are less toxic than petrol engines.

The reason why most ppl think diesel engines are 'dirtier' is becos diesel builds up carbon easily and thus releases black smoke. This is mainly due to the lack of maintenance on the owner's part. With regular maintenance and oil change, black smoke shouldn't be a problem.

And when everyone sees black smoke :nono: bad for health. But when petrol cars release invisible suplur gases, carbon dioxide, etc,etc.. :cool: cannot see means must be good. :bsmilie:
Actually, both diesel and petrol exhaust are equally bad. Diesel exhaust has less volatile unburnt chemicals compared to petrol, but diesel fuel release more particulate matters. The black smoke occurs because the particles have clumped together. Both irritate human organs in the same way, so doesn't really make a difference.

Given that the mileage for diesel engine these days are so high, maybe we should consider switching to diesel cars.
 

KNIGHT ONG

Senior Member
Dec 18, 2003
5,792
1
38
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
#20
k3nn3th03 said:
with regards to Today pg 33...

Offence to leave Engine Idling

quoted : " Drivers should turn off their engines when vehicles are stationary. Motorists should not leave their engines idling unnecessarily as such an inconsiderate act produces pollution and wastes fuel.. "

"It is an offence under the Environmental Pollution Control. NEA will take enforcement action against drivers who insist on flouting the legislation."
I would said YES . it is an offence in the PORT.

Rational is that the driver should not leave the engine running un-attended. If the driver is there and need to wait for a long time .. I see no harm turning off the engine to save our environment .. :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom