IT IS A SCAM.. BEWARE OF THIS PERSON OR anyone from Nigeria

He is still around and goes by the name of Ann Gwan now. And recipient as Patrick Uwa. Apparently now a missionary. Beware folks. I was stupid enuff to attempt going to the post office for a quote.

Guys,

Just have some common sense. And always deal with people locally face to face.

Abdul Ibn Razak

Thanks for responding. I have a request regarding the item and I need
your assistance, please write back in order for me to inform you about
the assistance I require.

with regards,

Abdul

His new email abdulibnrazak156@gmail.com

Abdul Ibn Razak

Thanks for responding. I have a request regarding the item and I need
your assistance, please write back in order for me to inform you about
the assistance I require.

with regards,

Abdul

His new email abdulibnrazak156@gmail.com

It is not one guy. It several syndicates doing it. Exercise caution if you are asked to aend merchandise or money overseas.

Best is to just deal in singapore with cold hard cash.

just another variation of the "buying for my friend overseas, please post it to him and i will make payment" scam. has been going around for a long time

Thankful for this thread, I am alerted of this scam. This bloody scammer is still active. He/she is recycling her name. In response to my WTS ad, the name of Ann Gwan is used. Once he said he requires assistance for this purchase, alarm bells rang.

CSers take note! May b mod can put a sticky or something? I believe there may be more being approached out there...

On Feb 2015, at 12:37 am, Ann Gwan <ann.gwan@outlook.com> wrote:

Here's the address;

9 Oseni Street Lawanson
City: Surulere
State: Lagos
Zip code: 23401

I want you to deliver it with 3 business days express delivery. Please check the postal charge and get back to me.

CSers take note! May b mod can put a sticky or something? I believe there may be more being approached out there...

On Feb 2015, at 12:37 am, Ann Gwan <ann.gwan@outlook.com> wrote:

Here's the address;

9 Oseni Street Lawanson

I want you to deliver it with 3 business days express delivery. Please check the postal charge and get back to me.

this is an age old scam and well documented in the web, most people will just siam far far once they see it is from "Nigeria"

Are you new to Internet? :) Google for Nigeria scam and read, enjoy.

If you know how to use the internet, you should know that if you read anything Nigeria, just move on :bsmilie:

anyway, merge this with another similar thread and mark as sticky

I just got a request from Ann Gwan, saying that she/he needs the items as a gift for her/his friend overseas. Please take note of this scam!

I just got a request from Ann Gwan, saying that she/he needs the items as a gift for her/his friend overseas. Please take note of this scam!

"Ann Gwan" is just an alias, they can use any names, but the trick they use is still the same, so just beware of anyone asking for the same request.

to minimize receiving such emails, simply don't list your email in your thread, ask potential buyers contact your via PM or phone.

wow. thanks for the tip. was also approached
Ok you can check these websites www.singpost.com www.dhl.com www.ups.com and www.fedex.com and www.tnt.com below is the information and address for delivery;

9 Oseni Street Lawanson

I want you to deliver it with 3 business days express delivery. Please check the postal charge and get back to me. Other than that, do you have have the f3 Nikon camera? Or can you get a good dslr for my friend?

ann.gwan@outlook.com

Just don't sell to anyone from overseas or even postage locally. Face to face deal is always 100% secured.

Seriously, why list your email address in the Want to Sell thread?

if you offer your items for sale at a good price, there will be many people try to deal with you ASAP.
and if you don't want to list your mobile contact in the thread, just ask potential buyer contact you via private message, as such, unlikely you will received private message from such scammers.

in the event if you receive any suspicious private message, just use the report bad post function, Admins and Mods team will investigate and take action.

lucky i saw this as i was getting suspicious with this ann gwan. see her reply:

Thanks for responding. Actually I want to purchase it as a gift, and I am sure it will make the perfect gift for my colleague. I would have decided to come over to check the item and transact personally, but I am not in the country, I have traveled to the United States for the acquisition of a toy producing conglomerate, on behalf of my clients and I was introduced to buy from this site by my Singaporean friend so I won't be able to come over to your house. I actually had to go online, because my time is fixed due to the nature of my job, going to an electronics mart to get the item seems unattainable because the nature of my job won't permit me.

My colleague has traveled to work for an oil firm in West Africa, and his birthday is around the corner, I want you to post the item to him in West Africa for me, I will offer you the sum of $100 for postage, so please make an inquiry about the postage cost via SpeedPost EMS online at www.singpost.com in order for you to know the exact cost of postage or you can visit the post office if it is close to you. Let me know when to send the delivery details and address.

Thanks,

Ann

I anticipate your response

Hi all, thanks for this thread, just staved off a similar (90% similar) attack. This time her name is Mrs Cassandra Leong, and she's asking for my 24-105 F4L. Same modus operandi, same way of attack.

Appended below is what I have received.

Hello Isaac Ong

I am writing to know if this article is still available, if it is, please what is shutter count? What accessories do you have and what is your final price? Kindly respond as soon as you can in order for us to proceed with the deal.

My regards,
Cassandra

Asking for shutter count for a lens? Good job.

Welcome to the internet ...
As much as it might be annoying to any, the only energy worth spending on it is pressing the Delete button.

Hi all, thanks for this thread, just staved off a similar (90% similar) attack. This time her name is Mrs Cassandra Leong, and she's asking for my 24-105 F4L. Same modus operandi, same way of attack.

Appended below is what I have received.

Hello Isaac Ong

I am writing to know if this article is still available, if it is, please what is shutter count? What accessories do you have and what is your final price? Kindly respond as soon as you can in order for us to proceed with the deal.

My regards,
Cassandra

Asking for shutter count for a lens? Good job.

Haha I got one from Cassandra also. Shutter count for a lens also. I replied "?" when she asked for assistance and she never replied thereafter :bsmilie:

Haha I got one from Cassandra also. Shutter count for a lens also. I replied "?" when she asked for assistance and she never replied thereafter :bsmilie:
But you have confirmed your email address if you responded via email, making it a worthy target.
Just press Delete after laughing.

Obviously something is wrong when I got the first reply. Here's the new email to be weary of:
Cassandra Leong <cassandraleong156@outlook.com>

"Hello XXXXXX

My regards,

Cassandra"