IT IS A SCAM.. BEWARE OF THIS PERSON OR anyone from Nigeria

There're many posts in Consumers Corner on such activities.
You'll notice that all emails bear the same address and zipcode, similar email. Similarly phrased letters/emails.
Even have phrase "In God We Trust" :eek:

If you use your personal email account in your post, the repondent need not be a CS member to transct with you.

Never a good idea to deal by post and international bank transfers. Face to face and strictly COD

Last edited:
Just to add on, personal experience with these online scammers usually from SA Nigeria etc, they will act very very interested and with urgency to "pay" so that you will get item shipped. Can even produce fake payment invoices/slips (online) to bluff their way through via Paypal. But your actual account shows No PAYMENT.

Seconded the transaction mode to be COD basis, otherwise make sure payment is through first.

I too received an email expressing interest in buying my camera. At first, I had thought it was a local, because the sender was someone named "Anita Zhang". But the moment I saw the shipping address, alarm bells started ringing.

To: <astralprue>;
Subject: RE: Is your camera still available?
Sent: Sat, Dec 8, 2012 7:47:26 AM

I will take the item for $200, I want to purchase the item for my colleague as a Christmas gift, he was transferred recently to work abroad. Can you help me post it to him via SpeedPost EMS? i will appreciate it if you can.

Listed here under is the info and the address for the delivery:

Consignee: Emmanuel Levis
Delivery address: 7 Babashola street Lawanson Surulere
City/state: Surulere Lagos
Nigeria
Zip code: 23401

Kindly log on to SingPost - Home to get the cost of shipment. I prefer Express service (3-5 business days delivery). SpeedPost Customer Service Hotlines is as follows +65 6841 2000, +65 6222 5777you can call them to get the shipment quotation.

Inform me as soon as you get the shipment cost, and please remove the ad from the forum, since we have agreed on the price. i will make payment via bank transfer, if this is okay with you, please email me your full bank account information and the total cost.

The initial email stated that she was buying for a relative, but in this email it became a colleague. So I decided to play along, and asked her to send payment. I was also trying to probe for more information along the way but all I got were non-answers.

After a few days, this person used another email address and sent out an email purportedly from US Bank, stating the payment is in process and that I should send out the item and provide a copy of the EMS consignment note. But I did some background check and the email from this US Bank and Anita Zhang were from the exact same location.

So since this person wanted to scam me, I decided to scam back. I provided a fake EMS consignment note to bait this fella into believing I really sent out my camera. I had wanted to send an email a couple of days later to say the item was lost in transit and make him fill up some forms, but this fella even smarter than me!!

They pretended to be from the Nigerian Customs and sent me an email stating that my item was detained, and that I had to pay a fee otherwise my item will be destroyed. Again, I did some background check and the email was sent from the exact same location as Anita Zhang. This Anita person pretended to send me additional money, and wanted me to send money via Moneygram to foster the release of my item to her recipient. See their modus operandi? They wanted your camera for free and want additional money for it!!!

I said there was no way that I would send money to someone via moneygram, and I forwarded the whole email asking for money to the Ministry of Finance in Nigeria. Hopefully they will take action against these scammers. Even if they don't, I have nothing to lose since I did not send out my camera. haha!

Just a heads up so that everyone knows what will happen if you really send out your camera to these scammers. You will end up losing the camera and money!

Please beware of this person trying to buy stuff from you.

>>> On 2/1/13, Abdul Umaru Ibn Razak <razakibnabdul@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > Listed here under is the info and the address for the delivery:
>>> >
>>> > Consignee: Uwa John
>>> > Delivery address: 11 Babashola street Lawanson Surulere
>>> > City/state: Surulere Lagos
>>> > Nigeria
>>> > Zip code: 23401
>>> >
>>> > Kindly log on to SingPost - Home to get the cost of shipment. I
>>> > prefer Express service (3-5 business days delivery). SpeedPost
>>> > Customer Service Hotlines is as follows +65 6841 2000, +65 6222
>>> > 5777you can call them to get the shipment quotation.
>>> >
>>> > Inform me as soon as you get the shipment cost, i will make payment
>>> > via bank transfer, if this is okay with you, please email me your full
>>> > bank account information and the total cost.

HE never paid the items. Just sharing with my fellow friends out there.

BEWARE OF THIS!!

Nigeria, it's quite obvious. Anyways, should be in consumer corner :)

>>> >
>>> > Nigeria
>>> >
>>> > Kindly log on to SingPost - Home to get the cost of shipment. I
>>> > prefer Express service (3-5 business days delivery). SpeedPost
>>> > Customer Service Hotlines is as follows +65 6841 2000, +65 6222
>>> > 5777you can call them to get the shipment quotation.
>>> >
>>> > Inform me as soon as you get the shipment cost, i will make payment
>>> > via bank transfer, if this is okay with you, please email me your full
>>> > bank account information and the total cost.

HE never paid the items. Just sharing with my fellow friends out there.

BEWARE OF THIS!!
You mean the Nigeria bit wasn't a big enough hint not to pay attention to this guy?

what can they earn from this?
The item is not posted right

>>> >
>>> > Nigeria

BEWARE OF THIS!!

Just key in the Zip code- 23401 or Nigeria in CS search and a long list will appear...

By the way did you send over any items to him?

Last edited:
lol. wonder if he sent him his goods.

Lets see...i right click the page...and see..

okay..wasted 10 seconds..here...

that place.....haiz.....nothing new..move along...move along...

If you know how to use the internet, you should know that if you read anything Nigeria, just move on :bsmilie:

New email address of this fella!!

Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:48 PM
Subject: RE: I want to buy your Nikon D300!

Hello,

Thanks for responding. Recently I was appointed as a mediator by an investment conglomerate based in the United States, and I have been disposed to a lot of itineraries, and assignments, due to the appointment, and my time is limited. I don't have the opportunity to procure the item from any mart. I intend to purchase the item for my folk in west Africa, as a gift,and I need your assistance in getting the item sent to her via SingPost, email me as soon as you can if you are willing to help me post it.

Listed here under is the info and the address for the delivery:

Consignee: Uwa John
Delivery address: 11 Babashola street Lawanson
City/state: Surulere Lagos
Nigeria
Zip code: 23401

Kindly log on to SingPost - Home to get the cost of shipment. I prefer Express service (3-5 business days delivery)

Inform me as soon as you get the shipment cost, as required, I will make payment via bank transfer, please email me your full bank account information and the total cost.

Required Account Data:
Account Holder:
Account Number:
Bank name and Location:
Branch code:
Iban/Swift Code:

Regards

I received his email yesterday too after I posted an advertisement selling camera. But I refuse to send for him. Because I feel weird.

This Nigerian have been using all kinds of tricks to cheap people once of their operation method is you send your consignment first give them your airway bill & bank account and they will bank into your account.

he is still around...

Thanks for responding. I intend to take the item for your stated price, but I have a request, and I need your assistance, kindly respond as soon as you can to enable me inform you on how you can be of help to me.

Regards

I intend to pay $350 is this sum ok?

Thanks for responding. Recently I was appointed as a mediator by an investment conglomerate based in the United States, and I have been disposed to a lot of assignments, due to the appointment, and my time is limited. I don't have the opportunity to buy the item from any store and I intend to purchase the item for my folk in west Africa, as a gift, and I need your assistance in getting the item sent to her via SingPost, email me as soon as you can if you are willing to help me post it so that I will provide you with the info and the address.