IT IS A SCAM.. BEWARE OF THIS PERSON OR anyone from Nigeria

Fiveten

Oct 8, 2008
Singapore
Dear moderators,

A potential scammer contacted me after my WTS listing on Canon personal classifieds.
The email address of this person is : paulgwan@hotmail.com
I attach the email below:

Now here is my request, actually, I want to purchase this item for my sibling, my family separated sometime ago, due to misunderstandings amidst us, and I am seeking for a reunion with them. I kindly seek your assistance regarding the delivery of this item to one of my sibling over there to cajole him to attend so that we will be together again as one family, and to also foster the reunion colloquium. Currently I am writing from Dallas, the venue, where my family reunion will be taking place, so can I trust you? if I can confide in you, then listed here under is the info and the address for the delivery:

Addressee: John Uwa
Delivery address: 15 Oseni street Lawanson Surulere
City/state: Lagos
Nigeria
Zip code: 23401

Kindly log on to SingPost - Home to inquire about the cost of shipment, since you know the exact size and weight of the item, I want the item sent via SpeedPost EMS with 3-5 business days service. You can also reach Singpost via these numbers +65 6841 2000, +65 6222 5777.

Inform me as soon as you get the info concerning the shipment cost, and please remove the ad from the forum listing, since we have agreed on the price. How can i get the fund through to you? i intend to effect payment via telegraphic transfer or bank wire, which of these financial institutions will be perfect? OCBC, POSB or DBS, email me the total cost for everything, inclusive of your full account coordinates as it is written here under:

Account holder:
account number:
bank name and location:

Thanks for your understanding,

Write soon!

Last edited:
once u see Nigeria, u should know it's a scam.

i'm also one his latest prey, but i'm not as dumb as him! to buy products without even looking....
and in the end this is what i send him when he ask me for the receipt!
photo.php

Haha! The guy is still active! As in the Nigerian scammers! Haha! Wonder how many "sisters and cousins" they have that need a Digital SLR camera.. Hmmm They even wanted to offer me more money for the situation I'm in! Thanks to you guys for putting up these extra careful notice! Haha. Now, I'm adding more fuel to keep the fire of safety running. Fire zoning from scammers. Burn M*@£$%*****ER!! HAHA!!

My post in the personal classifieds attracted one such similar response

On 9 Nov, 2012, at 3:42 PM, Ann Gwan <anngwan@hotmail.com> wrote:
I want to purchase the item for my foster son overseas, he is a religious enthusiast, and he needs it to cover a crusade. Can you help me post it to him via Singpost? i will appreciate it if you can.

It is the third such similar request - to have the seller send the item overseas with the promise of payment. The variant is the reason for requesting for the seller to send it. It has happened often enough for us to know that it is an attempt to get an item from you without payment. It is abhorrent. And the thought of having replied to the string of useless emails just angers me

I realise that we may not stop this. Just thought we should give this enough visibility so that the perpetuators will be turned away once their plot is revealed to all

Yes! I posted a few days ago and the person promise payment! Now I realized is a scam after reading this thread! This time round is a lady!

I got the same thing as well...Ann Gwan....she even send me a US Bank notification of the transfer to me but no transfer been done....she reply my private mail not on clubsnap....the email is anngwan@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Got both Paul as well as Elizabeth Gwan. Wonder where the preference for that surname comes from hahaha.. Anyway yes, scam.

I'm curious, anyone here know this scam plays out? Like, what's the endgame?

Hi!

Can i check if this is definitely a scam?
I received an email from a person named Rita Xiong, to the same postal code.
And we've been liaising and I already sent her my account details... haven't posted out the item though.

jialing824 said:
Hi!

And we've been liaising and I already sent her my account details... haven't posted out the item though.

still need to verify?

Hi!

the only way to verify it, is when you sent your item over and never get to receive the money.

please use some common sense.
the same copy and paste text being circulated around the world, and you still need to double confirm?

catchlights said:
the only way to verify it, is when you sent your item over and never get to receive the money.

please use some common sense.
the same copy and paste text being circulated around the world, and you still need to double confirm?

Any mail coming from overseas in such polite language is almost one hundred percent a scam lol

Hi!

dunno about u...i will never post anything before i get the $$. so , good luck .