It has been a 15 months since...

NovJoe

Feb 15, 2009
~Sunny Little Island~
I last post in CS...

Due to my knee problem and higher workload, I have been MIA from here for the past 15 months. Not sure if anyone still remembers me... hahaha...

Skills got ultra ultra rusty and I just tried to use a few methods to shoot and the results aren't that fantastic like last time but well, got to give and take due to knee problem so can't ask for more liao...

Here's the common Joe shots...

Faithful model after so long...
IMG_1695_s.jpg

Show you my sexy backside.
IMG_1701_s.jpg

*Whistle*... Nice pose there!
IMG_1687_s.jpg

Do Not Disturb! Sunbathing in process... *Shiok!*
IMG_1607_s.jpg

HeadShotZ! Say Cheeze!
IMG_1685_s.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Arigato!

Very nice shots! esp. like the head shot of the damselfly!

Hi NovJoe

Like your shots. BTW, how do you diffuse the lighting. I am still unable to find the correct way. Thanks

Welcome back! Don't bluff, don't see the rust at all! See u post lizards, sometimes can consider to be macro also mah =D

Thanks to all for the kind compliments!

@Ben,
getting busier at work already? :)

@31stAugust,
I'm now still using off hand flash with my 580EX-ii together with my 7D's built in flash. I'm using a mini whale tail bounce card to test out the lighting this time round. I used to be using the white 'bao' (foam paper) to wrap around the flash. Currently, I can't carry too much load since my knee is giving me problems so all shots are taken handheld without tripod.

One way to learn faster is to join in the macro outing from this forum and I'm sure you will learn a lot from all the masters here ;).

@Alfred,
More DIY diffused lighting with your 180mm? :D

@Nicky,
Compliments from the master! Arigato! :cool:
Btw, lizards see me also run man liao... how to SSS :(...

wah really very long. lol

nice set there...

Hi Joe, really long time but glad you are back and as good as before. :)

denzelwng4 & David,
Thanks a lot for the compliments! Yes, I'm glad to be back. :D

Welcome back. Knee pain? go like me...just a cam & a lens...no flash, just a small reflector:)

Last edited:
Hi Joe...long time no see. Hope your knee is getting better. Your shots are as good as before.

hope to see more photos.. TS pls keep on posting.. well done!

Thanks Uncle James, Victor and Zeunice!

I was aiming for the LX5 with diffused initially but gave up the idea as I'm on tight budget now. Need to save up for my big day next year. ;)