IT bookstore

lotus80

Apr 9, 2012
Pasir Ris
Fellows

Where to buy IT books in Singapore, the one in funan has closed down.

Thanks

IT books? Kinokuniya.

Please your orders on their website.

Last email on 2 September 2011 from the Computer Book Centre store.
...........................................................................................................

Dear Customers,

The Computer Book Centre team has decided to cease retail business in mid October 2011, but continue serving avid readers through our website. Feel free to go to Computer Book Centre - Welcome to browse and place your orders, or send inquiries to sales@compbook.com.sg.

If you are our member now, you will continue to receive the latest promotions and coming events via email frequently.

If you are not our member yet, please feel free to leave your email address with us to register as a member, you will be on our mailing list for future online promotions. To do so, you can either click on "Registration" on the left blue column at our home page, or send us an email with the subject "Please put me on the Mailing List".

We are currently in the midst of clearing our books, with discounts of up to 70%, catch it while you can!

Finally, our most sincere appreciation for the past 26 years of patronage and support. We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best, and hope to hear from you online.

Attach new promotion in coming September: only S$5 or S$8 Nett for general books (While stocks last), Please hurry up!

lotus80 said:
Fellows

Where to buy IT books in Singapore, the one in funan has closed down.

Thanks

Try the one at clementi. They sell a lot of school text, but also substantial IT books. You can always place an order thru them. If not, then try amazon or perhaps ebooks are good too.

David Kwok said:
Try the one at clementi. They sell a lot of school text, but also substantial IT books. You can always place an order thru them. If not, then try amazon or perhaps ebooks are good too.

Aha, thanks. Ebooks okay lah, Like old fashioned paper though. Have a safaribooksonline subscription, but they lock down PDF so I can't highlight or take notes.

Kinokuniya is the best option.. you can get almost all the new edition books.

you can check their website before you go there..

Books Kinokuniya Singapore

Address:
Kinokuniya Book Stores of Singapore Pte. Ltd.
391 Orchard Road #03-09/10/15 Takashimaya Shopping Centre
6737 5021

i bought mine from them too. sometime got a trolley ourside, selling old books for $5 each(thick thick book also, like 900 over pages, really good deal).

can call them to reserve if you know the ISBN.

best computer book store if u ask me.

Last edited:
The books at Clementi Book Store are cheaper as they cater for those students at nearby Poly and NUS.

I thought Clementi Book Store has closed down a few months ago?

Convoy said:
I thought Clementi Book Store has closed down a few months ago?

It did? Oh well.... Stick with ebooks then. Nowadays I don't even bother to buy paperback unless it is worth keeping. I have so many build over the years n have to keep parts if them in office. Especially for IT books, they obsolete too fast except for long standing topics such as programming methodology and algorithms type.

I read quite a number on iBooks and kindle app. :) "free" for most. Lolx

It books age fast and not worth buying for keep. Borrowing IT books from library saves storage space
and money. The same goes to photography and camera books. Second-hand book shops only buy fiction
and novel story books.

Yeah it closed. Sometime last year me thinks. Thought it would last forever.

Hmmm TS could try fishpond.com.sg
Cheap books (in many cases cheaper than kino and what nots) and best of all - free shipping!

If u don't mind buying online can try 'Book Depository' they provide free shipping.

KinoKuniya is expensive, 35$ book price is on 86$ retail. Amazon sells it for 45 including shipping (3 weeks delivery time)

i buy from bookdepository.com free shipping. photo books also from
there. much much cheaper.