iStockphoto users, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyboy

Oct 15, 2007
Hi, I'm currently trying to get my application to istockphoto approved.

After a good number of rejections, finally got two pictures approved. but the 3rd one still can't pass (using different files). Now, that is not the main issue.

The timeframe from the most recent rejection is 14 days before i can resubmit my 3rd file yet again. nvm.

the thing is when i click on the upload button in the left hand navigation column, i see this:

"The photographer application page is currently disabled. Please try again later."

for my previous attempts, i will see all my application attempts, photos and comments by the admin. It will also tell me how many days i have to wait, before submitting my file again. This time, all I get is the funny message.

I tried quite a few days ago, and today it's the same thing. Over several days.

I think it's been about ten days since my submission. a few more days left, then i can TRY again to complete the application.

btw, i was rejected mainly cos my photos were too noisy. ISO800 on a d40x :bsmilie:. so the next few attempts i'm gonna submit only my low ISO shots

Hi, I'm currently trying to get my application to istockphoto approved.

After a good number of rejections, finally got two pictures approved. but the 3rd one still can't pass (using different files). Now, that is not the main issue.

The timeframe from the most recent rejection is 14 days before i can resubmit my 3rd file yet again. nvm.

the thing is when i click on the upload button in the left hand navigation column, i see this:

"The photographer application page is currently disabled. Please try again later."

for my previous attempts, i will see all my application attempts, photos and comments by the admin. It will also tell me how many days i have to wait, before submitting my file again. This time, all I get is the funny message.

I tried quite a few days ago, and today it's the same thing. Over several days.

I think it's been about ten days since my submission. a few more days left, then i can TRY again to complete the application.

btw, i was rejected mainly cos my photos were too noisy. ISO800 on a d40x :bsmilie:. so the next few attempts i'm gonna submit only my low ISO shots

ISO800 for stock?

Unless you're shooting news worthy photos for editorial usage, most probably your files will get rejected by most stock agencies.

Last edited:
actually, i learnt that liao thru all my rejections:cry:

but the main concern i have now, is the funny "error" message i am getting.

my photos for application were selected from my personal collection. then, i had just started out with my d40x - not to mention, i was generally new to DSLR and to a slightly lesser extent, photography.

i didn't even know i can submit my photos and potentially get paid :bsmilie:

more recently, i planned to shoot some of my hamsters for stock (if i do get accepted, that is). ISO 200 it is :thumbsup: (my base iso is 200, shooting at 100 will probably make things worse). shot in RAW+ jpeg fine too.. kiasu now after all the rejections.

anyway, how do u receive ur payment? long way away for me but i'm just curious. cos i have neither credit card nor paypal now :dunno:

i must apologise for my rather vague thread title. but the main concern and issue I have is, is there anything wrong with the application? did i even get blacklisted or something for too many rejections (i think i have about 5-6 files rejected now. two accepted, need one more)

Last edited:
quick update, problem solved!

they only activate the upload function the day or two before the applicant is allowed to upload. i have been accepted as a contributor!! =) but sadly, not much that i have to contribute, so must go out and shoot more ;P

U are not alone bro. I submitted 10 times and all 10 times rejected. noise, IP, too many fotos of that category, wrong white balance, etc... I used ISO 200 for most of the shots, but they still say got noise... They say I oversharpen, but I don't even have software to sharpen, except DPP.

Better way to make much more money is to set up a similar website and compete wif them...:think:

btw, just my 2 cents, u need to pay at least $10 (minimum) to cash out a US dollar cheque, and if u choose TT, banks here will kill u on the FX conversion rate, plus additional charges (I'm in the finance industry for some time). So, unless u are earning like more than US$100, u are just working for our banks here and the istockphoto owners.... :sweatsm:

Wish u attain your 'jipaban' mark soon ya :thumbsup:

not doing this to earn money. i'd have starved to death if i really needed cash from istock :bsmilie::bsmilie:

if i actually earn anything, it's a bonus, maybe use to buy stuff online. i dunno why istock rejected ur pix, could be they were stricter cos ur pix were in categories they didn't really need.

i sent in 10 of what i felt were my best pix to shutterstock (including two pix which istock accepted). all rejected. henceforth i give up on shutterstock, concentrate on istock and see how things go.

with the low iso requirement, i find myself working much harder to shoot at low ISO and planning more carefully :dunno:. i dun shoot for stock per se, but i want at least a chance to have "stock quality images" should i decide to upload them. if just shooting for fun then heck care and bump up the ISO if i want ;p

update, i have 4 files accepted as of today, a few more in the pipeline (for their approval, not sure if they will pass :bsmilie:)

one of the accepted files was shot at ISO800 on a D40x :angel:. a long shot, to be sure. in comparison, shots made by my d300 (with superior noise control) at lower ISOs have been rejected for pixel discolouration.

so i guess other factors affect noise, and also it might depend on the individual moderator who's screening the photos.

there are some photos i shot at my base ISO and no matter what I do to it, it gets rejected for various "artifacts". ah well...

Status
Not open for further replies.