Istana Woodneuk Anyone@16/9/06?

Status
Not open for further replies.
upz....anybody wanna go? I never been there before so looking for someone as guide :)
or maybe I just no guts:(

argh.. i was at overseas dat day.. :angry:

Have a great time - I'd love to join u (but have work commitments that day). Nice piccies in ur flickr site too Matt.

Does any one want to join me at the end of this month - Sat 30th Sept is good for me.

PM if you want to meet up,

Thanks

betazone said:
Istana Woodneuk Anyone ?

Hi, I hv seen quite a lot of shots by members here and is impressed.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=209944&highlight=Istana+Woodneuk
Anybody thinking of going again next Sat@16/9/06 ? Or would like to go together i only hv a very rough idea of the place...:)
Matt

Not difficult it is opposite the old CMPB, cross the overhead bridge walk toward west along the road side when you hit the construction site with a barrier on your right, turn right and walk all the way till you hit 1st guard house cover with grass continue walk till you hit the 2nd guard house turn right and continue you should see the Istana there.

Safety 1st. :lovegrin:

65519127.jpg

Hi All,
I am greedy started same thread also at Flickr so ended up now must managed two groups of ppl. Think will limit total no of ppl going to 6(based on gut feel as I never been there b4). Else we may impede each other taking photos.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sg_meetup/discuss/72157594274319885/

List of ppl going 16/9/06 Sat (limit to six)
1- betazone (cs & flickr)
2- manda (cs and flickr)
3- ruel ( cs )
4- cheesecake - tentative (cs)
5- sausage (cs)
6- wee_lywee (flickr)

All those going kindly pm me your hp contact, we shall meet at 2pm .
Location to meet to decide later ( any good suggestions ?) :)

Matt

Do respect the place. I've been told the sevants' spirits reside in the istana now.

Also do not go at night. Advisable to bring insect repellant. Covered shoes are a must.

The Istana had been wrecked by fire at the second floor. A few walls are unsafe and leaning Do not take the grand stairs. It's a historic palace. Respect it and it will respect you, as many people say. :)

I am stopping myself from taking anyone into the istana anymore.

Now trying to lobby it for preservation and restoration, with personal research on the palace.
It is the only 2 royal palaces still in existance, the biggest estate in Singapore. Hope to get something in the next few months.

Very sad to see it being abandoned, left to rot, wrecked by vandals and fire.

redstone said:

Now trying to lobby it for preservation and restoration, with personal research on the palace.
It is the only 2 royal palaces still in existance, the biggest estate in Singapore. Hope to get something in the next few months.

Good for you. Like you, I would like to see the place being restored to it's former glory. This is history and yet they just let it die. So sad.:(

redstone said:

OT a bit, does anyone know why it is left unoccupied for such a long time?

barracuda said:
OT a bit, does anyone know why it is left unoccupied for such a long time?

I think the down turning point might be the independence of S'pore from M'sia.
Was told the last caretaker left in the late 1980s or early 90s. The current Johor Sultan lived here before, his father was the one who ordered the palace's construction.

redstone said:

why so bro?

Hear hear, Redstone. It's an amazing place. The feeling of grandeur when you first enter the massive hall downstairs...and such a peaceful and tranquil setting.

Having spent many hours there alone I can say that it's not haunted. Not at all.

It's a wonderful place though and I hate the fact that it's both vandalised and littered with empty bottles. If you go, and take drinks, take the bottles back with you.

It would be magnicficent to see it restored, although Redstone I think there's a lot of concrete rot and damage from the fire. I'm not sure the walls are safe so a restoration may entail the majority being ripped out or torn down. When I was there last week it had been raining, and the main entry halls and vestibules were soaked from water dripping through from the second floor.

Anyway, if you do go respect the place. Touch nothing, leave nothing. Take photos. That is all you should do.

thedellis said:
Having spent many hours there alone I can say that it's not haunted. Not at all.

Anyway, if you do go respect the place. Touch nothing, leave nothing. Take photos. That is all you should do.

I agree that the place is not haunted but like all places..there're spirits that we cant see

woodneukxfiles1.jpg

woodneukxfiles.jpg

Was there with bro redstone...

Status
Not open for further replies.