Istana Open house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kira

Jul 2, 2003
Singapore, North Area
Visit site
Hi guys, this sunday 03/08/03 is going to be an open house at the Istana from 8.30am to 6pm if I'm not wrong....

I might be going down but am going to Queenstown with Azure and gang in the morning. So most probility will be going down in the afternoon after lunch...

So who's interested? Maybe we can meet at PLaza Singapura around 1pm?

1) Kira

What will be the possible subject there? not familiar with the place, hope you can give some details. :embrass:

Hi guys, this sunday 03/08/03 is going to be an open house at the Istana from 8.30am to 6pm if I'm not wrong....

I might be going down but am going to Queenstown with Azure and gang in the morning. So most probility will be going down in the afternoon after lunch...

So who's interested? Maybe we can meet at PLaza Singapura around 1pm?

1) Kira
2) meng ( see how it goes over at Queenstown )
3)
4)
5)...

Originally posted by E-Lim
What will be the possible subject there? not familiar with the place, hope you can give some details. :embrass:

I have no ideal.... But heard there's a few beautiful gardens there.... Also, there's a swan lake with I think a few swans in it.... In addition, I think the buildings inside is quite colonial type....

I have a feeling that's it's going to be quite crowded so maybe candids is also possible....

Anyway, it's once a year kind of thingy as the Istana doesn't open it's door to the public very often so it's a rare chance to do some photography inside.....

So don't miss this chance....

:D

Okie. here's something from the papers.

THIS tranquil spot, which President S R Nathan counts among his favourites at the Istana, is the largest of five ponds in the grounds.

The beautiful landscape is one of the subjects of the book, Gardens Of The Istana. The 10,000 trees which grace the President's official residence are the subject of a new book, Gardens Of The Istana.

Written and published by the National Parks Board, it tells the story of the stately building and its beautifully landscaped grounds.

Soft-cover copies of the book can be purchased for $38 on Sunday, when the Istana is open from 8am to 6.30pm for National Day celebrations.

Also on sale will be potted plants from the gardens, snacks prepared by staff, and 250 sets of four President's Challenge 2003 ez-link cards signed by Mr Nathan.

Picture can be view here: http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/topstories/story/0,4386,202404,00.html

So quick quick, come come. Don't miss this chance.

1) Kira
3) Siddhi ( will confirm in the morning at Queenstown outing )
4)
5)...

kira,

need to know, if we can bring our tripod into the istana grounds.

am going, have planned it since last week.

see you all there

1) Kira
3) Siddhi ( will confirm in the morning at Queenstown outing )
4) chyeo (tentative)
5)...

Originally posted by ullyss
kira,

need to know, if we can bring our tripod into the istana grounds.

am going, have planned it since last week.

see you all there

I have no ideal man.... But I'll be bringing my though.... Worst come to worst, let the guards keep it till we get out of there loh....

Are there any restrictions on the things we can bring in?

This sunday is the first sunday of the month, there's supposed to be a change of guards parade at the Istana, are you sure it's open house this weekend and not next weekend?

It's this Sunday... on today's Streats. There's gonna be an art event held by S'pore Art Museum. Open from 8am-6pm.

Free entry for S'poreans and Permanent Residents, $1 for others.

For more info, call 6332 3220

can bring camera in or not?
skali is resticted items

Sent them the question liao... Waiting for the good ppl from the Istana to reply....

But then hor... If cannot shoot that a bit funny leh.....

Of course can bring camera. Otherwise how did everyone else (family groups) get to take pix with the President on previous occasions....

Originally posted by Azure
Of course can bring camera. Otherwise how did everyone else (family groups) get to take pix with the President on previous occasions....

I know.... BUt someone ask if can bring tripod mah... So I send e-mail to them and ask loh.... Wait maybe they scared someone use tripod or monopod to wack the President how?

Originally posted by Kira
I know.... BUt someone ask if can bring tripod mah... So I send e-mail to them and ask loh.... Wait maybe they scared someone use tripod or monopod to wack the President how?

Before you can wack the president you'd probably have been shot dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.