*ist 35mm Film Camera on Sale at PentaxForums

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixcat8888

May 8, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Everyone,

If anyone is interested in the above there is one on sale at Pentaxforums. I wanted to get it in Mar but the seller had some family issues and so did not go thru the sale. Now no mre $$ to buy but helping her to see if anyone here is interested.

Can be found at the marketplace. Seller is LMagee and her name is Lisa.

Bro, why in the world would you want to consider this camera???
OK it's light and small and it's got AF BUT... pentamirror viewfinder with low magnification, cheap looking plastic everywhere, can't use older Pentax MF lenses... huh?

If you just want to collect for a museum piece, then go ahead because this camera is just crap imo and a good example of the many forgettable commercial flops conceived by the old Pentax management. YMMV.

ist-frontback.jpg

(image from dpreview)

how much is it going for?

i'm looking at this one because it uses a wheel, unlike the other mz cameras.. :D

oh, $200.. usd?

a bit too steep for me, the last ist* that got sold on ebay uk went for 70 pounds thereabouts, with the same lens, i think.

drive car bro... :bsmilie: need wheel

mz also got wheel... but they are harder to drive...:bsmilie:

got wheel meh??

which models ar, i know my mz-30 doesn't have, most of the mz-Xs that i have seen on sale don't seem to have wheel too..

maybe mz-s? but i'm not buying that for sure.. :bsmilie:

This camera is small and light w/ lots of features, but feels cheap and plastic. The viewfinder is dim and small. This is one of the few film cameras I never fancied to have. But it sure got some followers, otherwise its price wouldn't stay this high on second hand market :)

I thought ist was referring to my beloved ex-istDL camera. Did not even know they had a film version but from the looks of it, I can see their basis when the designed the istDL/Dx series.
:)

Among the MZ models, I feel the MZ-6/ZX-L is one of the more advanced ones, and quite simialr to the *ist.

As comapred to *ist, difference are
- Full K mount compatibility.
- Availability of Custom Functions.
- 6 segment vs 16 segment metering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.