issues with flash photography

arjunsinha

Nov 20, 2009
Woodlands, Singapore
Hello,
I have recently tried taking photo at night with individuals in the foreground and landscape at the backdrop using inbulit camera flash.
All came well but at the bottom center part of the frame I have noticed dark patch like shadow of the lens. Has anyone else faced this issue? If yes, what is the solution? Speedlight or external flash?

Any sample pic? most probably the lens block the builit-in flash...

A separate flash should solve this. Or another way is you can recompose your picture differently (e.g. take potraits instead of landscape)

Well it seems that your in built flash has been blocked by your lens hood.
yes a speedlite or external flash will definately help solve tis issue.
plus you can do bouncing and control flash power output giving u more creative options :)

Take off your lens hood. It's not needed at night.

definitely ur lens hood just take it off, happen to me when the first time i use my sigma 24-70 funny it don't happen on my tammy 28-75 maybe cos it's smaller, or just like the other said, get an external flash ;)

Hello,
I have recently tried taking photo at night with individuals in the foreground and landscape at the backdrop using inbulit camera flash.
All came well but at the bottom center part of the frame I have noticed dark patch like shadow of the lens. Has anyone else faced this issue? If yes, what is the solution? Speedlight or external flash?

Was your lens hood on? If yes, high chance the shadow was caused by it.

Simple solution - just remove your lens hood. Don't need to splash a few hundred bucks to resolve such issues. :)