Issues on Bracketing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannon

Oct 4, 2003
Third rock from the sun
hi, can bracketing be done on any camera? or is it done in Photoshop? Came across bracketing in a magazine. but didn't mention where it can be done. i know it's the combining of exposures, but is it a function the digicam must have in order to do it? or do you use photoshop? thanx for reading.

cannon said:
hi, can bracketing be done on any camera? or is it done in Photoshop? Came across bracketing in a magazine. but didn't mention where it can be done. i know it's the combining of exposures, but is it a function the digicam must have in order to do it? or do you use photoshop? thanx for reading.

Bracketing as far as i know has 2 type, exposure & focus.. the idea of bracketing is to take 2 extra(or is it just 2) shots, one with lower value, and the other with higher value, just in case u didnt get it right with your confirmed setting.

It's an in-camera function, nothing to do with photoshop.. pros pls correct me if i'm wrong.. :embrass:

Bracketing is to take more than one pictures with different settings.

Exposure Bracketing is taking few pictures, with one exposed correctly (according to camera's meter), some overexposed and some underexposed.

Focus Bracketing is the same but with different focus point.

There is also White Balance bracketing provided by some Nikon Digital cameras.

Yup,

Bracketing is a in-camera function. Mosr SLRs should have bracketing. Not too sure abt the digicams though

'Bracketing' used loosely is the concept of varying a parameter both ways to hopefully 'get one of them right'.

Depending on situation, you can bracket exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, focussing, and just about any adjustable parameter.

Of course, if you combine parameters, you'd need to shoot a lot. For example if i want exposure at -1, 0, +1 and also at three different white balances, that'll be 9 shots. If i throw in 5 focus positions, it'll be 45 shots. If i want it in 2 ISOs, then it'll 90 shots. Bracket wisely. :D

Most bracketing is done at the camera, though some, like white balance, can be bracketed at the computer for pictures shot in RAW mode.

Hey! Thanx guys! You guys been helpful! But just one more question... i know you guys mention that bracketing is an in-camera function, but is it possible to do it on the computer? Thanx again....

ST1100 said:
Most bracketing is done at the camera, though some, like white balance, can be bracketed at the computer for pictures shot in RAW mode.

pls refer 2 quote above

What you do on the computer will not be bracketing. It'll be post-processing, very much like pushing/pulling film, or over/under-exposing paper. Not possibile with focusing, of course.

Bracketing is only in-camera, and to shoot a few shots in different settings that at you hope can capture a better picture within the range.

Photographers with experience, skills and talents will be less likely to bracket, as 'one-shot-one-kill'.

Status
Not open for further replies.