issue regarding lens and lens hood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm.. the 50D kit III comes with 18-200 IS. Have a look at your signature and tell me why you ask this question. Check the package of the lens, you'll see whether there is a hood included. I can't see any hood in the usual reviews: http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/canon_18-200_3p5-5p6_is_c16/
But you get a Canon lens hood, according Canon lens line-up the right hood is EW-78D.

Erm.. the 50D kit III comes with 18-200 IS. Have a look at your signature and tell me why you ask this question. Check the package of the lens, you'll see whether there is a hood included. I can't see any hood in the usual reviews: http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/canon_18-200_3p5-5p6_is_c16/
But you get a Canon lens hood, according Canon lens line-up the right hood is EW-78D.

i need to confirm before collecting the cam tmr.:)

I thought only L lenses came with hoods?

TS, I am sorry, but maybe you want to check again to confirm..?
Because I think it does not come with the lens hood.
I hope I am wrong.

It does not come with the normal lenses.

the canon lens spec mention tat it come with the hood. Thats gd.

Read again. Does it really says "lens hood included" or just "lens hood type: xyz"? The latter one just means that you can mount this lens hood (similar to what is given in the Canon lens list), it doesn't mean it's included. Usually lens reviews will list everything that's included.

Yupe, confirm. My sister just bought this kit today (not from Comex. From our regular trusted camera shop. Cheaper than Comex.) and it doesn't come with the lens hood.
But you can get an original Canon lens hood, or a compatible brand one pretty cheaply either from the shops at about $20, or even cheaper from the online Mass Sales section.

AFAIK only L-lens comes with hood for canon

just got my yesterday from court and confirm no lens hood....
:think:..... don't why how come my colleague, bought the 50D kit 18-55 come with lens hood??? .... and another colleague said it come with the lens together. ..... thats why i'm confuse over these issue....

until yesterday.... the ans.... when i ask the staff... he replied " normal lens doesn't come with hood unless the 'L" lens.( conclusion )

thanks every one for your information.:)

:think:..... don't why how come my colleague, bought the 50D kit 18-55 come with lens hood??? .... and another colleague said it come with the lens together. ..... thats why i'm confuse over these issue....

Either there's a misunderstanding and they got the 17-55 (it's an f/2.8 lens; which is a completely different lens) or they bought the lens hood on top (maybe sales man did a good advertising job). As you can see from Canon website certain lens hoods fit more than one lens.

until yesterday.... the ans.... when i ask the staff... he replied " normal lens doesn't come with hood unless the 'L" lens.( conclusion )

thanks every one for your information.:)

from what i know the regular Canon Lens do not come w Lens Hoods (Nikon Lens most comes buddled w the hood)

so either ur Colleague paid for the hood in a package n didn't know he/she did or ur colleague don't know what the lens hood is (mistake for the lens cap?)

Status
Not open for further replies.